Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 / E67 Custom OS Beta release

In the tutorial it says "You must have V7.5.6 build 99 or higher" but I also read it would be OK to use V7.5.5 build 88.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Howard, you might be ok with build 88. We've made some important changes to accommodate the 2010 models, build 88 has the important stuff, the beta version has more.
    There should be no problems using these COS files with build 88 should you rather not update to beta tuning software.

Cheers,
    Ross
    The application we are going to use it on is a 2010 Camaro with nitrous. Can we use the current build 88 I am using?

I wouldn't, I don't recall the exact version number but we had to make a pretty important change to the E38 bootloaders for the 2010 models.
    Not sure of your time frame on this car but we are trying to get a new full release out this week (we've done a few pre-releases), I would suggest waiting for the new version if you have time.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I wouldn't, I don't recall the exact version number but we had to make a pretty important change to the E38 bootloaders for the 2010 models.
    Not sure of your time frame on this car but we are trying to get a new full release out this week (we've done a few pre-releases), I would suggest waiting for the new version if you have time.
    Too late.

Tried it last night on the street on the 200 shot with 10 degrees of timing pulled from the Ethanol table(B5114) and the engine could not handle it. It was still using full timing(28 degrees) and a piston let go. So much for the built L99.

j/k

I tried to upgrade but it was not listed in the the "Upgrade OS" tab.

Cal: 12635862

V7.5.5 Build 88

I think I need to upgrade the firmware on the V2 or something like that as mine is like 2 years old.

Well, might be best to wait for the next release, then at least you will have everything up to date for the 2010 models.

Cheers,
    Ross

P.S - Sorry to hear about the engine.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

When do you think the new release will be out?

I was joking about the engine letting go btw.

I reflashed the ECM for the nitrous runs. Here are videos of my runs on the 200 shot.

Here is what the plugs looked like while tuning. A/F in the 10's.

Fresh plug. Got the A/F to 11.5. Still a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
    When do you think the new release will be out?
    Not sure of your time frame on this car but we are trying to get a new full release out this week (we've done a few pre-releases).

Sounds good.

Do you think that the COS I need was not available because my software version is not the latest or some other reason?

When the new full release comes out will I be able to use the new COS or am I doing something wrong? I followed the instructions on the first page and the tutorial.

The custom OS's are defined in the .calz files, if they are old then the option to upgrade just won't show up.
    The 2010 model COS's were finished back in Dec 2009 (not sure when they were released though), so if your software is older than that you won't see the option.

Is the new version out yet?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
    Is the new version out yet?
    Yes, download the latest release from the EFILive main downloads page EFILive latest downloads

Download the V7.5 and V8 stuff, update your V2 bootblock then firmware and be good to go. Im looking at my TBSS E67 file that I converted to COS, it has a *.calz build date of 25th March, 2010.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast