Thread: New ... But will learn fast .

Default New ... But will learn fast .

hi all ,

nice to be with you ...nice to be with the elite I hope :?
    just kidding .

I just got mine EFI couple of days ago . I played with it when a friend of mine with 2005 Chevy lumina ( similar to GTO with LS1 engine )lend me his car and took mine (( good bargain ha ))
    it was a success playing with fans , RPM limiter , and couple of other small things .

the car is still strapped on the DYNO for the last 24 hours( we own the Dynojet DYNO ) . I have a couple of questions if you can help me on please :
    sometimes if I shutdown the tuning and restarted it it would give me a message stating that this is a demo mode !!!( authorization has been set to demo . to prevent this message when you're flashed scan cable is not plugged in ..........ext) it' will ask me to enter the registration license number from the help key on the top .I do that with no luck at all . I have to shut down my laptop and restarted all over again for me to do so .
    for a beginner like me :") if I want to get play with timing ,what would be that critical areas ? (Spark high octane - spark octane low - spark EC T. - spark IAT - )
    And on fuel ( Airflow - mixture - injectors - trim - ).
    where can I play with top speed .?
    work can I find files for other EFI users ?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Just reposting the reply I made to you earlier for the benefit of others... read the last paragraph, I did not include that in my email to you.

If your cable is not connected when you start the Tuning Tool, then the software will be in demo mode. That also means if the Scan Tool is connected to the PCM then the Tuning Tool cannot "see" the cable and so thinks it is not connected.
    Make sure you disconnect the Scan Tool by clicking on the RED disconnect icon in the top left of the Scan Tool window BEFORE starting the Tuning Tool software.

To prevent the Tuning Tool from *ever* going into demo mode, whether the cable (or the Scan Tool software) is connected or not, make sure you enter your license details from the blue license card into the Tuning Tool using the menu option Help->Register EFILive...

To test whether you have entered the details correctly, unplug the cable and close and reopen the tuning Tool software, if it goes into demo mode, then you have not entered your details correctly. If it does not go into demo mode then your details have been entered correctly.

For timing, you want to change the high octane table. Also try logging the {GM.EST_xxxx_DMA} PIDs they will show you all the sub-components of what makes up the final spark advance. Right click on each of them in the [Data (F8)] tab page to see which tables they are controlled by - that will tell you which tables you need to modify to achieve the desired results.

To affect fuel at part throttle, if you are running mafless, use the {B0101} Main VE table, if you are running with a MAF, use the {B5001} MAF sensor calibration.

To affect fuel at full throttle, use the PE (Power Enrichment) tables and multipliers. These tables are available under Engine Calibration->Fuel->Mixture.

You can change speed limiters in the Speedo section:
    {H0108} or {H0109}

Regards
    Paul Blackmore
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Whereabouts are you located?
    \"You Can Never Have Enough Horsepower\"