Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: timing table maxed out?

Default timing table maxed out?

I am flowing 1.5 grams/cyliner and my timing table b5913 only goes up to 1.2 g/c . I'm assuming that is fine and that the 1.2 timing column is just applied to anything over 1.2 g/c ?
    9.8@150 . LQ4 Turbonetics Billet 7575@18psi, 6 speed, non-intercooled with meth. Speed Density, open loop, no PE.

Yes, that is my understanding, applies to all edges of all tables.

Lifetime Member

On a side note, how much boost are you running to see that much air mass?

Boost is set to 6psi but its about 35 degrees outside now and the boost will spike up to 7.5psi sometimes. The 1.5 g/c airflow was made at the 7.5psi. If I had to take a wild guess I would say that the car feels like it has around 450whp. Still tuning and timing is pretty low. Feels about like when I had a 100 shot on the car last year just comes on smoother, perhaps a bit more horsepower now but less torque then the 100 shot. My non-intercooled setup brings the IAT all the way up to 150 degrees sometimes even when its 35 degrees outside!
    9.8@150 . LQ4 Turbonetics Billet 7575@18psi, 6 speed, non-intercooled with meth. Speed Density, open loop, no PE.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ryans1000 View Post
    Boost is set to 6psi but its about 35 degrees outside now and the boost will spike up to 7.5psi sometimes. The 1.5 g/c airflow was made at the 7.5psi. If I had to take a wild guess I would say that the car feels like it has around 450whp. Still tuning and timing is pretty low. Feels about like when I had a 100 shot on the car last year just comes on smoother, perhaps a bit more horsepower now but less torque then the 100 shot. My non-intercooled setup brings the IAT all the way up to 150 degrees sometimes even when its 35 degrees outside!
    I really think there is something else "off" in your tune, as you should be closer to 1.05 g/cyl with an LS1 at 6-8psi, not 1.5g/cyl. That air mass indicates that you have VE table values that are in the 130-140% range, which is not realistic. Perhaps your injector settings are incorrect? IFR values that are significantly too high would cause VE table values to be way too high after tuning.

For reference, a procharged, 8psi 427 conservatively putting out 660rwhp (mainline dyno, not an inflated dynojet) only saw around 1.35g/cyl at peak.

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin View Post
    I really think there is something else "off" in your tune, as you should be closer to 1.05 g/cyl with an LS1 at 6-8psi, not 1.5g/cyl. That air mass indicates that you have VE table values that are in the 130-140% range, which is not realistic. Perhaps your injector settings are incorrect? IFR values that are significantly too high would cause VE table values to be way too high after tuning.

For reference, a procharged, 8psi 427 conservatively putting out 660rwhp (mainline dyno, not an inflated dynojet) only saw around 1.35g/cyl at peak.
    Yes my boost ve table is still being dialed in . At the 1.5 g/cyl I was commanding 11.28 afr but was seeing 10.18 afr at 155kph @ 5600rpm. That VE cell was at 132% and it will be at about 119% after I make the correction.

I did see another guy on here with a Twin Turbo M6 LS1 dyno 537whp. His Max was 1.37g/cylinder .

You have me concerned though as I did just install new injectors and something unexpected happened. I installed my 60lb mototron/seimens injectors and updated my injector tables according to the Greg Banish cd (IFR, minimum pulsewidth, small pulse threshhold, small pulse adjust table, pulsewidth table) I was surprised to find that I was running 10-20% lean in most load conditions from 30kpa on up. This is open loop, speed density. I had previously had my VE table dialed in good and my previous injectors were just stock and so was I had stock injector tables except for the IFR I flattened out because I have a boost referenced regulator.

I am confused as to why my ve table needed so much adjustment, I thought most areas would be within a few % afr. I did not buy flow matched injectors but I was told they are usually within 2-3% from the manufacturer.

My FPR is boost referenced and is before the fuel rail, stock fuel rails. I set it 58psi at zero vacuum. Setup hasn't changed from when I had stock injectors.

What do you guys think?

Does your regulator increase the fuel rail pressure under boost? If it doesnt then the VE table will need to be raised to overcome the inaccuracy of the fuel model.
    The Tremor at AIR

yes my rail pressure gets pulled down into the 40's somewhere (i forget) under vacuum and under boost it rises 1:1.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ryans1000 View Post
    You have me concerned though as I did just install new injectors and something unexpected happened. I installed my 60lb mototron/seimens injectors and updated my injector tables according to the Greg Banish cd (IFR, minimum pulsewidth, small pulse threshhold, small pulse adjust table, pulsewidth table) I was surprised to find that I was running 10-20% lean in most load conditions from 30kpa on up. This is open loop, speed density. I had previously had my VE table dialed in good and my previous injectors were just stock and so was I had stock injector tables except for the IFR I flattened out because I have a boost referenced regulator.

I am confused as to why my ve table needed so much adjustment, I thought most areas would be within a few % afr. I did not buy flow matched injectors but I was told they are usually within 2-3% from the manufacturer.

My FPR is boost referenced and is before the fuel rail, stock fuel rails. I set it 58psi at zero vacuum. Setup hasn't changed from when I had stock injectors.

What do you guys think?
    That signifies that your injector settings are definitely not accurate. You should have to make no change whatsoever to the VE table with a change in injectors as you have not made any change that fundamentally alters the engine's ability to act as an air pump.

On the same token, any load point with over 100% efficiency, especially 119%, is highly unlikely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast