Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning B2201,B5401 Help please....

Lifetime Member

Default Tuning B2201,B5401 Help please....

OK if i enable B2201, and set B5401 to my desired RPM will this work on my 2001 corvette z06? Id rather use these tables than B3303, to set my RPM limiter...

B2201 and B5401 uses ETC to enable rev limit.... ( want to use )

B3303 uses fuel cut-off to enable rev limit.... ( dont want to use )

I have a nitrous car (dry shot useing cos5) and i perfer not to use fuel cutoff to limit my revs just incase the tranny (4l60e) slips at the track during a WOT run...

so is it possible? anyone done it before?

thanks...
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

Lifetime Member

anyone?
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

WhyTryZO6,

That sounds good to me, I agree you don't want to cut fuel while spraying...

I don't know anyone who has tried B2201 and B5401.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    WhyTryZO6,

That sounds good to me, I agree you don't want to cut fuel while spraying...

I don't know anyone who has tried B2201 and B5401.
    Hey joe,

i tried to call u today for some but no answer...

ill try again today...

I was off work yesterday, I'll call you today...

Lifetime Member

anyone? besides joe and i? lol

Bump.

Has anyone tried this (using ETC to limit engine speed rather than the fuel cutoff limiter)...?

I dont believe it will work for the nitrous over rev scenario without a nitrous controller in the system. Regardless of the throttle blade position, with the nitrous flowing plenty of oxygen will still make it into the cylinders.
    Using something like the FJO mini nitrous controller set up for throttle voltage WOT switching would work. But if you had one of these you wouldnt really need to worry about the fuel cut rev limiter.
    The Tremor at AIR

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    I dont believe it will work for the nitrous over rev scenario without a nitrous controller in the system. Regardless of the throttle blade position, with the nitrous flowing plenty of oxygen will still make it into the cylinders.
    Using something like the FJO mini nitrous controller set up for throttle voltage WOT switching would work. But if you had one of these you wouldnt really need to worry about the fuel cut rev limiter.
    As long as im not cutting fuel, i should be ok... even tho nitrous is still flowing in the intake so is the fuel,,,,thus the reason for the question....

Quote Originally Posted by WHYTRYZ06 View Post
    As long as im not cutting fuel, i should be ok... even tho nitrous is still flowing in the intake so is the fuel,,,,thus the reason for the question....
    Yes, I understand what you are trying to achieve, just throwing out some issues you may come across.
    The other thing to think about is what will the pcm think if TP is reduced & engine speed doesnt drop due to the nitrous supplying oxygen. It may just hit a P1514 code, mightsense a complete failure & go into some other mode.
    Hopefully someone can chime in with a definitive answer for you.
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast