Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: overwriting HPT COS

Any chance of getting a copy of this cal (12624402 6.2L manual) emailed to me? kojab@bigpond.com TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by JezzaB View Post
    This is the closest I have. Have 3 and they are all the same. Couple of yours are updated. Sorry mate

Jez

I know the previous posts are old but any custom HPT OS may be locked when using EFILive to try and read the file but if you also have HPTuners it will read out just fine pending the tuner didn't put a tuner lock on the PCM to truly lock it. I have both softwares and this really helps with not having to dig into the PCM to reflash the ROM on a burner.

Still sucks that HPT does this though because there isn't anything special on the custom OS's other than RTT that isn't also supported here with EFILive. Either way having both gets you around most issues with either software/hardware.

Hi James.

it also goes both way's if it's a efi custom os hp can read either it's to do with the way the make the custom os
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

Whats up Joe. Glad to be with you guy's now. Havine one or the other really does only give you partial ability to do stuff. I've found out though that I should have bought EFILive 8yrs ago instead of HPT haha. At least EFI cares about the aftermarket and supports it! Happy customer/tuner so far with EFILive!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234