Thread: Engine Oil Life and Miles Per Gallon Pids:

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Default Engine Oil Life and Miles Per Gallon Pids:

Hey guys and Gals, I need some help. I successfully selected the Engine Oil Life Pid , and the calculated MPG Pid. I can successfully log each and have been very intrigued on how the engine oil life monitor works.

I have always used Mobil 1 synthetic oil, and I want to switch to their premium Extended life Oil, which claims a 15,000 change interval. Can I change the Oil Life Monitor to 'light" up at a different mileage interval, or is it 'hard-wired' into the PCM? Are there different calculations for different platforms.. [I.E. the Corvette ZO6 uses synthetic oil.] I know I can just reset the oil life monitor at any point to match what I want, but I am just curious to see if it possible to actually change its calculations on the change interval with my EFLive software.

Perhaps I should have started a new thread on the following question, but on the MPG Pid..has anybody have a Calculated PID that can take your total mileage and calculate an average MPG. The current one is fascinating as it appears to give you an 'instantaneous' MPG, but one that gives an average would be great.
    Last edited by WeathermanShawn; February 9th, 2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Grammer..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..