Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T43 reflash fault solved

Please refer back to the first post in this thread, there is still a problem programming 2010 model TCM's.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default That's strange....

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    EDIT: This problem has not been solved with the latest update, please don't attempt to program any 2010 model 6 speed TCM's until we announce a fix.

After many hours of testing and lots of late nights, pizza and caffiene I believe the T43 reflash fault has been fixed.
    The fault was only in the FlashScan/AutoCal firmware so to fix it all you need to do is to update your FlashScan firmware with the firmware (V2.06.17) attached to this thread.
    The AutoCal firmware has not been updated yet, but will be shortly. Once it is updated it will be added to this thread.

If you encounter any problems with this new firmware please post in this thread.

Instructions:

1. Save the attached file into the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware.
    2. Connect FlashScan to your computer via the USB cable.
    3. Then start EFILive_Explorer, that will automatically start the EFILive Control Panel program (i.e. EFILive_Hapi) which will detect the new firmware file and display a balloon tip indicating that updated firmware is now available.
    4. Click on that balloon tip (or on the FlashScan icon in the system tray if no balloon tip appears). That will cause the EFILive Control Panel to be displayed.
    5. Select the Firmware screen and click on the [Update] button.

Regards
    Paul

That's strange Paul...The EFI LIVE software on my primary tuning laptop is over a year old and I've tuned quite a few 2010 Camaros with T43s....

I did actually have trouble reading one or two and switched to a different vintage V2 cable, but writing them was never a problem.....

What's the fault?

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    I did actually have trouble reading one or two and switched to a different vintage V2 cable, but writing them was never a problem.....

What's the fault?

Chuck CoW
    The fault is at the end of the re-flash the check-sums are wrong causing the TCM to reject the newly programmed data and refuse to function until a clean flash is made.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    That's strange Paul...The EFI LIVE software on my primary tuning laptop is over a year old and I've tuned quite a few 2010 Camaros with T43s....
    That is because the 2010 Camaro is actually using a 2009 TCM and 2009 OS. 2010 Vette and CTS-V are real 2010 TCM's, these will give you trouble.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    That is because the 2010 Camaro is actually using a 2009 TCM and 2009 OS. 2010 Vette and CTS-V are real 2010 TCM's, these will give you trouble.

Cheers,
    Ross
    The T43 hardware is finally changed for 2010? Or is it purely the OS change?

Don't know Ian, all I know is that we can't flash them at this stage

I have been stuck on the dyno with 2 late model VE Holdens.

Got the latest software and the lates V2 firmware.

thanks

Default Finally happened.....

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post

Cheers,
    Ross
    Finally happened..... I got another 2010 L99 Camaro the other day.... I can write T43 files all day long with my V2 and old software....

But, Reading fails half way through with my current V2 (and old software) but when I switch to a V2 with more current firmware, it reads the files good.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Default More TCM programming failure

I just had this happen on a '07 'Vette w/ OS 24239353. Tried programming with both the old firmware (2.04.xx) and now the newest (2.06.28) in the V2. Keeps saying the same thing..... checksum failed, did not program.

What next?

The problem you are having is probably not exactly the same as the issues with the 2010 models. The 2010 models had a change in the TCM that caused us problems.

Although you updated the firmware did you update the software as well?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast