Thread: which setting would you use to lessen the throttle response?

Default which setting would you use to lessen the throttle response?

which setting would you use if you want less throttle response? This is for a 2000 gmc truck. 5.3
    2001 camaro z28 ss vert with factory slp upgrades, Hooker long tubes, 3"y-pipe to a 4" muffler, ,airlid,s.s.r.a. ,t.c.bypass,descreened m.a.f. 232/234 .595,.598 +2 comp cam with ported and polished stock heads with .650 lift dual springs and a bowl grind. tuned with EFI Live. All combined to achieve 29 m.p.g. and 399 r.w.h.p. with 384 lbs of torque. sold...

Now own a 2015 1LE camaro

Depends, you could do a few things.

If the reason is because you are racing and want more traction from a standing start then you could soften the timing a little.

If the reason is that you want better freeway economy you could run a little leaner, like AFR in the low-15's during cruise and that will domesticate the motor a bit.

I am sure there are a few other strategies too.

Not trying to pry, but what makes you ask?

Mr. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P. View Post
    Depends, you could do a few things.

If the reason is because you are racing and want more traction from a standing start then you could soften the timing a little.

If the reason is that you want better freeway economy you could run a little leaner, like AFR in the low-15's during cruise and that will domesticate the motor a bit.

I am sure there are a few other strategies too.

Not trying to pry, but what makes you ask?

Mr. P.
    I was hoping to squeze a little extra fuel out of it. I figured less responsive maybe better fuel economy. But i can't seem to find a setting for lessing this response???
    2001 camaro z28 ss vert with factory slp upgrades, Hooker long tubes, 3"y-pipe to a 4" muffler, ,airlid,s.s.r.a. ,t.c.bypass,descreened m.a.f. 232/234 .595,.598 +2 comp cam with ported and polished stock heads with .650 lift dual springs and a bowl grind. tuned with EFI Live. All combined to achieve 29 m.p.g. and 399 r.w.h.p. with 384 lbs of torque. sold...

You won't find one to 'lessen throttle response'; to gain economy needs a whole new tune, you have to combine a lot of little improvements across your whole tune, there's not one magic bullet. Your VE tuning needs to be spot-on first of all, then you need to get the AFR down in the .90 - .95 EQR, then you need to optimize spark timing, and optimize a lot of fuel enrichment mechanisms, etc. But it is worth doing, you can pick-up a lot of MPG and the best thing is that you can still have the motor go like hell when you want to - best of both worlds.

Mr. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P. View Post
    You won't find one to 'lessen throttle response'; to gain economy needs a whole new tune, you have to combine a lot of little improvements across your whole tune, there's not one magic bullet. Your VE tuning needs to be spot-on first of all, then you need to get the AFR down in the .90 - .95 EQR, then you need to optimize spark timing, and optimize a lot of fuel enrichment mechanisms, etc. But it is worth doing, you can pick-up a lot of MPG and the best thing is that you can still have the motor go like hell when you want to - best of both worlds.

Mr. P.
    ya exactly, i have been working on all of the above, but i was hoping there was something that lessons the throttle response. I haven't had much luck with finding it, but i though i had read somewhere that there was a setting for this??? maybe not??