Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Time Using EFILive

You're right Ira. I won't be able to really do anything until I can drive the car again. My goal is to become familiar with the different tables and what the information in them is telling you and to then know which tables need to be adjusted. You said you don't have to be connected to the PCM to use the tune tool. When I open the tune tool and then open my saved tune and then go to the Engine>Fuel>Trim section all I see are the Parameters and the limits of the LTFT? Shouldn't I be able to see the LTFT table? If I were going to make changes isn't this where I would have to do it and then save my changes as a new .tun file? Sorry if maybe I haven't explained myself properly.

Lifetime Member

You can't change the trims. The PCM creates the trim table in real time in response to feedback from the O2 sensors. The table you need to worry about is B0101 and possibly B5001 if you think your MAF is off. If you get a wide band, the procedures in the AutoTuning tutorial will help you get B0101 fixed up.

Ira

Since working with a WB02 won't be possible for me until springtime, can you give me some pointers as to what table I would want to change in the tune file based on my LTFT table in scan being all positive numbers? What change is necessary to what table in the tune file in order for the LTFT's to eventually get down to zero or slightly negative? There must be a logical approach to take as to what tables you should create in scan tool and how they relate to changes you need to make to the complimentary table in tune tool that will eventually get your scanned values where you want them to be. I've used the LTFT table as an example but there must be others you would want to create to use for tuning. Since I'd like to get my LTFT's down, which table in tune is the one I would want to make changes to? I'm assuming it would have something to do with adjusting the amount of fuel based on airflow and that since my fuel trims are positive my MAF values are probably off so I need to adjust fuel accordingly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12