Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rode in a new CTS-V, 600 hp !!!

Default rode in a new CTS-V, 600 hp !!!

Today I got a ride in my all time dream car. It is used and they are selling it for $48k. Black, and fully loaded with sunroof and nav. It had straightpipes with no cats and Corsa mufflers, which must add to the stock LSA's 556 horsepower.

It was brutal, brutal, BRUTAL! Loud and scary, I counted 4 seconds to 100 mph!
    I can still feel it in my chest and I've been in a lot of fast cars. We hit 130 mph on a busy road full of police and the driver really didn't mean to. Also rides like a dream. Insane, I don't think I'll ever be the same.

Can I borrow $50k? (now please)
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

I made myself a promise that by this time next year I will own one of these cars. Whooosaaa!

Mr. P.

Lifetime Member

I want my mom to get one, just so I can drive it when Im home. But after her car accident a few years back its hard for her to get in and out of cars, so she'll probably get another small SUV like an Audi Q5 or maybe if I can stomach it the new Caddy SRX (but its a POS compared to the original one, bloated with weight, less power, ugh).

Sick ride though, and Mr. P I want pics when you get that baby home.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Today I got a ride in my all time dream car. It is used and they are selling it for $48k. Black, and fully loaded with sunroof and nav. It had straightpipes with no cats and Corsa mufflers, which must add to the stock LSA's 556 horsepower.

It was brutal, brutal, BRUTAL! Loud and scary, I counted 4 seconds to 100 mph!
    I can still feel it in my chest and I've been in a lot of fast cars. We hit 130 mph on a busy road full of police and the driver really didn't mean to. Also rides like a dream. Insane, I don't think I'll ever be the same.

Can I borrow $50k? (now please)
    Maybe you can get a business loan, you need that car as a test mule for your business...

Just look at what Jesse at Wait4me has done to he's, I think he's over 700Hp now without the engine being apart.
    Not that I was planning on it, but if I moved to the US (or anywhere else that the CTS-V is sold) I'd be buying one the day I arrive. Unfortunately with our RHD curse and stupid import rules I don't see it ever being sold here.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

We're all on the same page here. And it's (somewhat) affordable to boot!

We're all on the same page here. And it's (somewhat) affordable to boot!
    My gut feeling is that it won't stay affordable - this might be like the GNX's where after a few years the value rebounds.

Mr. P.

That is certainly possible, but I hope it's not the case because I really do want one in the future lol. On a slightly different note does anyone know how it's possible to fix the horrible wheel hop on the 1st gen CTS-V? Perhaps I could save money by slapping a charger on the older one and rival the acceleration of this new beast, if nothing else. What a difference in the interior / exterior/ ride, everything.
    It's probably not worth spending $30k on an '04-'07+mods when the new one can be had for less than $50k (pre-owned)....
    I think it's just so cool having a sleeper Cadillac that's stupid fast!
    Last edited by Boost; December 9th, 2009 at 02:47 AM.

...It's probably not worth spending $30k on an '04-'07+mods when the new one can be had for less than $50k (pre-owned)....
    Agreed - financially it just makes better sense; for a few grand in bolt-ons you can take that car from 555-hp to the 650+ range. I've already got a list going - converter, modded 6spd auto, headers, 8" balancer, a couple more EFILive licenses, and slicks LOL

There are decent options to manage the wheel hop. The rear cradle is hung too softly (for that comfy Cadillac ride....) from the factory. Stiffer bushings, pinion supports, and/or the thick/thin axle shaft mod you see in all new GM RWD IRS cars can work. There are several companies with different options.

All in all, it's a pretty small mod/price to pay for what you get IMHO

Hammar
    2005 CTS-V

That is certainly possible, but I hope it's not the case because I really do want one in the future lol. On a slightly different note does anyone know how it's possible to fix the horrible wheel hop on the 1st gen CTS-V? Perhaps I could save money by slapping a charger on the older one and rival the acceleration of this new beast, if nothing else. What a difference in the interior / exterior/ ride, everything.
    It's probably not worth spending $30k on an '04-'07+mods when the new one can be had for less than $50k (pre-owned)....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast