Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: i want to buy,but what should i get and for how much?

If you have a workshop and are ready to tune a large number of vehicles, there is available stream licenses (i.e. per ECM type, not individual ECM's)...

these are more expensive, but they are "big-picture" cheaper if you will be tuning many vehicles (as you said above... I was typing... ).

If you buy V2 Scan and Tune (with 2 license), and add licenses (at $99 per license)... then at any time you can upgrade to a workshop stream, your existing licenses will be used as credit to reduce the cost of the workshop license, as Justin said above... if you want more details let me know, I will contact Tech Support.

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin View Post
    There are individual vehicle licenses, no year/model. Each individual license you purchase can be used towards purchasing a stream though.
    sorry but what do you mean by stream?

can u talk more about this?
    Each individual license you purchase can be used towards purchasing a stream

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If you have a workshop and are ready to tune a large number of vehicles, there is available stream licenses (i.e. per ECM type, not individual ECM's)...

these are more expensive, but they are "big-picture" cheaper if you will be tuning many vehicles (as you said above... I was typing... ).

If you buy V2 Scan and Tune (with 2 license), and add licenses (at $99 per license)... then at any time you can upgrade to a workshop stream, your existing licenses will be used as credit to reduce the cost of the workshop license, as Justin said above... if you want more details let me know, I will contact Tech Support.
    yes i would like to know more please

A VIN license can be used to tune an ECM and TCM controller of any supported vehicle.

80% of the cost of a VIN license (US$79.20) can be rebated as a discount on a Stream purchase. A discount of up to 50% of the Stream cost can be rebated in this way.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

See here: stream licenses.

Typically this is what happens:
    a workshop buys the V2 Scan and Tune;
    then the shop buys single licenses as needed;
    after buying some number of single licenses, the shop buys a stream license, the single licenses become credit toward the purchase of the stream license.

i.e. as Tordne said above.

Some shops just buy streams immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post

80% of the cost of a VIN license (US$79.20) can be rebated as a discount on a Stream purchase. A discount of up to 50% of the Stream cost can be rebated in this way.
    Sand Man, look at this:

The E67 stream costs $2500 (I'm rounding for easier math).

50% of $2500 is $1250.

A single license contributes $80 ($79.20 as Tordne said) toward the purchase of the stream.

$1250/$80 = 15.625 vehicles...

i.e. if you tune 16 or more E67 vehicles, then the E67 stream will be cheaper than single licenses.

Same math for E38 stream.

Tordne, did I get this right...?

i got that..but whats a VVE i know whats a VE now thanx to the efilve tune v7.5 i downloaded.

VVE is EFILive's Virtual VE innovation. In the E38 and E67 ECMs the VE table is dynamically calculated form data from 2D zone files. The VVE performs all of the complex maths to enable the Tune Tool to present a 3D VE table which is much easier for customers to modify. The changed table is then recalculated and stored back in the ECM zones.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Sand Man,

With the E38/E67 ECMs, GM is modelling the cylinder airmass using a series of polynomials... the math/visualization is non-intuitive and difficult to manually calculate by hand... so what Tordne said is that EFILive performs the calculation for you, and the user interface is a 3D map that looks/work very much similar to the old LS1 VE table.

VE = Volumetric Efficiency; the VE table models the cylinder airmass (scaled for temperature/pressure) for the operating MAP/RPM range.

Another thing no one mentioned yet is that EFI_Live includes a stream for alll 1997 and 1998 LS1 vehicles. You won't ever need to pay a license fee for those models. You never know what you might wind up working on in the future.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123