Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i want to buy,but what should i get and for how much?

Question i want to buy,but what should i get and for how much?

hi
    i never tuned any car\truck,i have a small background about tunning
    i want to buy a tunning program to tune my truck with a laptop, and i want to tune my friends trucks

my truck is a 2009 gmc sierra,my friends have 3 2008 sierras,2 2008 silverdaos,and 3 2009 sierras.
    my goal is to start with simple tunning, like speed limter,tq mangment,spark advance,and rev limter and shift points..and ill learn more from this site and from other tuners

what kind of options i have,can i upgrade the tunning program to tune more cars\trucks if i got better with it.
    the eflive site isnt that obvious and i didnt understand every thing in there

Hi Sand Man,

Welcome to the forum...

You would need the V2 Scan and Tune option since your and your friends' vehicles have CAN bus
    (this will allow you to scan/log/edit/flash from/to the ECM and TCM controllers).

See here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=57&Itemid=110
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=56

V2 comes with 2 ECM lisenses, and you can purchase further ECM licenses (up to 255), or if you have a tuning shop with good customer volume you can purchase the unlimited license workshop streams.

Download/install the V7.5 software from here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

You can test drive the software, it comes with sample log/tune files from real vehicles;
    you can also download the files from www.holdencrazy.com and view/edit those.

Regards
    Joe

how can i down load and instal this? i have to own a usb to obd2 wire am i right?and how much do i have to pay to tune more cars?how much would each vehicle cost?

Download the software from that link, and run it (double-click) to install.

Without the V2/OBD2 cable, you can still view log files and view/edit tune files.

To scan, log, read/flash the PCM you need the V2/OBD2 cable.

V2 comes with 2 licenses, this is sufficient to flash the ECM and TCM on 2 vehicles...

For each additional vehicle, a combined ECM/TCM license costs $99... (you get your friends pay for each license).

Yes, that is correct, to be able to scan, log, and flash you need to buy the V2 cable.

so this will be the last qustion befor the purches.what dose EFI live have over HPtuners

i see that both cost the same to tune 1 more vehicle,but with HPtuners i can buy the hole chevy silverado and gmc sierra starting from 2007 and up models by buying 4 more credits for just under 200...thats 49.99 per credit

+hp tuners is cheaper to buy for 649 for pro and 499 for standerd

thats alot less than efi live is there a reason for that

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by sand man View Post
    so this will be the last qustion befor the purches.what dose EFI live have over HPtuners

i see that both cost the same to tune 1 more vehicle,but with HPtuners i can buy the hole chevy silverado and gmc sierra starting from 2007 and up models by buying 4 more credits for just under 200...thats 49.99 per credit

+hp tuners is cheaper to buy for 649 for pro and 499 for standerd

thats alot less than efi live is there a reason for that
    It wouldn't be 2007 and up models. It would be 2007 Silverado for 4 more. Each model/year combo would be additional. Whereas if you expect you'll be tuning quite a few similar, yet different vehicles, EFILive's stream license can work out to be much cheaper.

Additionally, each HPTuner custom operating system that you'd like to apply will be an additional cost (if you so choose). EFILive's custom operating systems are free.

In my opinion, EFILive's scan tool is far superior to that of HPTuners in terms of flexibility. Black Box data-logging with the V2 and soon-to-come black box flashing will allow you to do all that you need without having a laptop in the vehicle.

The FlashScan V2 interface is a lot more advanced that anything else in the market. There is up to 4 5 volt A/D inputs as well as capability for serial wideband support.

Additionally it is possible to Black Box Log using an SD card for extended periods. With Black Box Reading and Flashing coming out soon as a free firmware update you will be able to read and flash calibrations at the vehicle without a laptop.

EFILive does not limit or restrict to vehicle types and years. As with all licensing schemes some will work better for others and vice versa. If you have 10 friends with exactly the same model and model year then perhaps the "other" scheme might work for you. If more likely you have 10 friends with differing vehicles you'll probably find that the EFILive VIN based scheme is best for you.

Certainly a good proportion of our feedback from convert customers is how our product is much cheaper overall.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

ppTuners is cheaper for a reason.
    The Pro MPVI Interface would be the "closest thing"
    to the V2 but still inadequate.

With serial input, BBR & BBF abilities and RTACS the V2 is superior.
    Don't forget VVE, have the other guys figured that out yet?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

ill do more research...ill get back to u on that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast