Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i want to buy,but what should i get and for how much?

Hi Sand Man,

EFILive FlashScan V2 has a few features that HPT does not:

- V2 can read the AFR/Lambda from the popular widebands using serial/digital connection (in digital form using RS232); this means that V2 sees the same AFR/Lambda that the wideband sees (i.e. with no errors due to analog voltage offsets or induced noise as would occur with an analog connection).

- V2 accepts an SD memory card, see below (a 2GB SD memory card costs US$5.00 and can hold thousands of log files and tune files).

- V2 can do standalone data logging (black box logging "BBL"): it saves logged pids to a file on SD card (HPT can also do BBL but not to an SD card); the laptop/PC does not need to be connected, it can be left at home.

- V2 can do standalone reading of calibration from ECM/TCM (black box reading "BBR"): it reads the calibration from the ECM/TCM and saves it to SD card.

- V2 will soon be able to do standalone flashing to ECM/TCM (black box flashing "BBF"): it will flash a calibration/tune file into the ECM/TCM from the SD card; this feature is currently being worked on, it is not ready yet.

- V2 can also read/scan all the OBD2 data from the ECM/TCM and save to file on SD card (all OBD2 modes): this is useful for diagnosis of problems; V2 displays a text description for each DTC.

- V2 will soon have bidirectional capability: you will be able to test the function of all the solenoids controlled by the ECM/TCM by commanding the state of each solenoid.

And there are other reasons/features.

Quote Originally Posted by sand man View Post
    so this will be the last qustion...
    You can ask as many questions as you like, no problem...

i also heard that hp tuners have an advatge over efi live about the 6l80e tanny tunning options is that tru?

thanx for all the positive feed back(dont mind my english im from Saudi Arabia)

so guys you know what i want, what should i buy to start?can i buy a full year/model vehicle ?

Download and install the software, view the sample log files and view/edit the sample tune files (included in the installation), they were taken from real vehicles.

Lifetime Member

so guys you know what i want, what should i buy to start?can i buy a full year/model vehicle ?
    With EFILive you would buy the whole computer family... EG all 6 speed auto, all E38 ECM, all LS1, etc. If you're tuning anything more than just a couple of vehicles, the cost savings can be big.

You buy this: V2 Scan and Tune.

It comes with 2 licenses, each license can flash one ECM/TCM pair.

Your English is good, I understand all your questions....

If you're tuning the VE table and/or MAF table, you should also buy a wideband O2 sensor... be sure to get one that outputs the AFR/Lambda in serial format.

when it comes to reality i cant pay 2500$ to be able to tune all e38s or all e67s,i dont own a shop YET,+if i opend one ill start with mechanical upgrades so a year model tunning licence is more convenince,is there a way to do so with efilive it would be alot cheaper and easyer and cheaper cause i will only be tunning trucks and working on them..

Lifetime Member

when it comes to reality i cant pay 2500$ to be able to tune,i dont own a shop YET,+if i opend one ill start with mechanical upgrades so a year model tunning licence is more convenince,is there a way to do so with efilive
    There are individual vehicle licenses, no year/model. Each individual license you purchase can be used towards purchasing a stream though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast