Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First autoVE tune ...please check and help !

Do you have automatic transmission...?

If yes, then set D0960, D0961, D0962 all to 100% all across;

If yes, you can also log GEAR (your current pid channel count is 23, so you can log 1 more channel).
    Last edited by joecar; December 15th, 2009 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

Ok, I wait for your next log.

well... good morning everybody ! first thing was to check the forum for replys even before my coffe
    thanks again for all the help joe !
    so i have a automatic 4 , my fuel pressure reg is on the rail and is conected to the vacum and has the return line to the tank.
    b4206 is allready disable in the autove tune , should i disable it in the normal driving tune ?
    and the d0960 , 0961 , 0962 are set to 100 , but if i rember well i was able to downshift from gear. have to try it again i think that this calibration are for keeping the trany in gear and don't downshift , right ?
    i will go to autoVE with the pids you have told me and put again a log.

B4206 is not mentioned in the AutoVE Tutorial pdf;

you can enable or disable it for normal driving....

B4206 functions like this: in OL mode, STFT's trim to the 1.00EQ cells in B3605.

If D0960-2 (Kickdown) are not 100% then they will interfere with D0901-3 (PT upshift).

If you turn any of D0960-2 on its side and plot it on top of the corresponding D0901-3 and D0906-9 you will see the conflict, see attached example from another member's calibration.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-3 kickdown2.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	6829  

i see...i will leave that for later ...because it is hard to drive the car like now.
    i have made a new tune and also 2 logs .
    autoVE joe0002 is with the new VE table and the new settings you have told me
    VE 0003 is the driving tune with pasted VE table
    log 0006 is logging the driving tune
    log VE 0007 is with the autoVE tune

observations:
    1. with the driving tune the truck is surging when step on the gas ! AFR is around 12-14 , no KR but the engine doesn't rev like it should

2. with the autoVE tune inside the ECU the engine revs much better and feel more power (still not like it should be,but there is a long way )

3. from my experience i was thinking that the engine in case 1. doesn't have enough timining !!! i was looking at the logs and surprise : when step on the gas the timing is going way down like 5* (in case 1.) and around 15*(case2.) see the pictures from analysing almost in the same conditions MAP,TP,ECT. i have also made a map in scantool exactly like the c6101 calibration and another strange thing: for example at 0,68 and 2000RPM in tune file it is 16,4* timing and in the log at same spot is 1,1*timing !!! so where this big diference can came from commanded and real timing ??? and how can i get the ECU to be more close to the timing table ???

here are my files , logs and pictures ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

and another file ...only 5 on one post

Name the files like this:

0007.tun
    0007_0001.efi
    0007_0002.efi

0008.tun
    0008_0001.efi
    0008_0002.efi
    0008_0003.efi

Something is wrong with the tune file you started with, the ignition timing is not advanced sufficiently...

I cannot see what is holding the RPM back...?

The last few columns of B3605 may be too rich at 1.2148EQ (12.08AFR)... something like 1.165EQ (12.60 AFR) is suitable... instead, increase the VE table a little more... but DYNCYLAIR is already too high at 0.89 g/cyl at 3600 rpm for normally aspirated heads/cam... VE table may be too high...

What injectors does the Hummer have, and does the IFR contain the correct values.

I see now that knock is being detected, and it doesn't make sense...

Was this the original calibration that came with the Hummer, and it has been edited...?

Or was this flashed in (cal-only flash or full flash...?)...?

See if you can obtain a stock file, do a full flash (this one time only) and start AutoVE again.

Some things do not look right... are you sure that the crank sensor reluctor is not slipping/walking...?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AutoVE0007.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	6840  

hey joe ! thanks again for your help !
    the ECU have never been flashed . it is the oem tune which i have altered a little bit for idle,some o2 mils etc. the injectors are stock delphi FJ315 with 25 lbs/hour flow rate and i have never touched the IFRs.
    it is interesting that on SD OL mode the cr is going well let's say...but when back in with MAF and VE table modiffied it is puling back the timing and surge when hit the gas...this is the most concern for me at this moment. last night i was starting to make a timing table more agresive specialy in the area where it is pulling timing and copy/paste with the low octane timing map and hit the road to see what is going on.
    i will also modd the B3605 because i feel it a little too rich , you are perfectly right !

well i will post the oem file and the log file with this timing a little later...this is not my computer

so here are the files:

VE tun0004 is with some working on the timing tables
    log0008 is logging this tune with a lot of pids and channels ( i know they are too many but i just wanted to see what is going on)

so after this setup the cars is doing better ! well i guess i am on the right direction with the timing but have to do a lot more work. i have a question in this regard : let's say in scantool i have more maps configured to see . is it possible that when i click a point in one map that point to be pointed in the other maps ? get the idea ? for example i am in timing map with columns dincylair-dma and lines rpm and point the 8,80 with 2000rpm. i wish that that point will be highlighted in other map like sparkadv with map columns and rpm lines ...and so on in different maps ...is this possible some how ??? in this way will be much easier to find the right place where i need more timing on the tune table !

thanks !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast