Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First autoVE tune ...please check and help !

joe...i think i am going to read everything you have written on this forum...still maybe will take me some months ... i had a problem filtering my loggs...didn't work any of the different configuration that i have tried...that did got me very sad ....and use the searched button again...and another member on this forum had exactly the same problem ! the right answer came from you...i live in europe and have the laptop config set to this...comma instead of dot...

i think i already ow you a pack of bears ...thanks again

ar99k,

I'm still looking thru your files...

Other comments:

If you are reducing spark advance too much based on KR, then there is something wrong...

Your cam has no overlap (-3°, i.e. underlap) so dynamic compression ratio stays high... what is your compression ratio, and what octane rating is your fuel...?

When you log KR do you hear the engine knocking...?

Joe

hey joe

my actual compression ratio is pretty high 11.5 ! i am using 95 octane fuel . i could also use 99 but i rather be a little conservative and settled for 95.
    regarding the knock...i can't here it from inside the car and outside...maybe with some knock headphones or something because the exhausts pipes are on the sides near the doors and they are very loud...so hearing it is somehow out of question...but i have been working in the last days on timing map and i am getting less knock each time... and seems that there are some "special" parts in the timing map that the knock keeps coming so i guess that i am on the right track...just need more testing and adjusting ...

your opinion on timing map 0.52 with 2000RPM 27* ( in this area and surroundings i get knock ) how is this appears to you ? i have also worked a little on the transmission shifting...because of the heavy truck and heavy tires it was hard for the engine and i was altered the d0901 , d0902 , d0903 , d0906 , d0907 , d0908 and is working better . not finished but again a better feeling of the truck ...

thanks joe ...

Post more logs when you can.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234