Thread: any reason why my flash wont work on car after i close the tuning file

Exclamation any reason why my flash wont work on car after i close the tuning file

ok here it goes.

when i reflash my pcm with an 02 os with the fuel calibrations for a 98. it works initially. i reflash it os and calibrations. i then turn on the ignition and the fuel gauge works perfect and all i hear the fuel pump prim for 2 or 3 secs normal time. then i go and close the efi tuner then i connect to the rr, then i dl the os and calibrations to the tuner. i then try to turn key and the puel pump primes for less the a sec and the fuel gauge is full wtf. i notice this happens after i reflash and i close the tune.
    cause when reflash it initally i try and turn the key and everything is back to normal. then i go again and close the tune and save it under another name and i try to turn the ignitioin on again and again it does the same shit, the fuel gauge is up all the way and pujmp only primes for less then a sec wtf.

would a low battery cause this? if so then why after i flash it via the usb and try to turn the ignition it works. this seems to work after the reflash, but when i close the file it does teh same shit. wtf help

Try and disable (for a test) the VATS security option. I have seen it before where the engine will not crank (or run for a really short time) with VATS enabled.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Try and disable (for a test) the VATS security option. I have seen it before where the engine will not crank (or run for a really short time) with VATS enabled.
    ok ill try

i disalbed the theft in emulation mode and turned it on again. problem was solved weird.

Weird.... I made the mistake of turning off the emulator when driving... BAD IDEA.... Was wondering if somehow when you closed the file the emulator turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by z28ls1818 View Post
    i disalbed the theft in emulation mode and turned it on again. problem was solved weird.
    I owned a Ford once, ONCE.......