Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: efilive v2 vs hptuners

Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    Well I finally am at the point where I decided I need to get a scanner/tuner....and the inevitable HPT vs EFILive research commenced.

Thankfully it wasn't THAT time consuming...but the beating was brutal. Due to the support that this forum has given me and that several individuals whom I have had personal/professional interaction with, in addition to all the additional reasons posted in this thread, I decided to get the V2 Scan/Tune.

Keep your fingers crossed that it helps me figure out the last piece to our puzzle.
    There are some very knowledge GenIV people here, I'm sure the puzzle will be solved.

Lifetime Member

I'm down with EFI Live 100% but I would like to see the supported vehicles
    list EXCEED everyone else's instead of the quilt there is now EFI Live, HP Tuner & Tuner CAT

What is LNF support ??

LS3Sleeper, broader new vehicle coverage as the years go on will come mainly due to GM (at least) using 80% common code over similar ECM's on numerous platforms. Going back to 2004 as an example, you had the LS1 PCM, LL8 PCM, P12 (IL5) PCM, Duramax, Northstar, SeriesII V6's each running totally different PCM's with totally different code in them, nothing at all was similar.
    Now when you look at the E67 as an example, it supports 3 of those engines I mentioned out of the same box (IL5, LL8 and Northstar). This is a trend GM is continuing with the new 2011 ECM's.
    There is really only a few PCM's we've omitted in the older engines that HPT and TC support (eg, the SeriesII V6's) and the Bosch SIDI ECM's, though I don't think any company has 100% (usable) support on the Bosch SIDI yet. On the flip side we are the only company offering tuning complete support for the E37 ECM, 2011 E39 & 2011 E78 ECM's.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I still don't know what LNF means ?? LOL

I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    LS3Sleeper,
    I've always liked you guys but the slander hurts........

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    Well I finally am at the point where I decided I need to get a scanner/tuner....and the inevitable HPT vs EFILive research commenced.

Thankfully it wasn't THAT time consuming...but the beating was brutal. Due to the support that this forum has given me and that several individuals whom I have had personal/professional interaction with, in addition to all the additional reasons posted in this thread, I decided to get the V2 Scan/Tune.

Keep your fingers crossed that it helps me figure out the last piece to our puzzle.
    Jesse, great to hear on your purchase! I hope it helps out on your quest to get the dang 6L80Es running on the GMT360 platform!

Just replied to your PM, any more questions shoot them my way. Ill try to help as best I can!

Ross, you missed the 4 cylinder PCM and the Allison TCM (LLYs)! But I think the 4 bangers share a fair bit of code with the LL8 P10 no?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779 View Post
    Thats great. Funnily enough I got BANNED from the HPT Forum for that little pic I posted above in the thread you started there. Guess they don't like visual comparisons making their product look bad.
    I'm still FLOORED that HPT would BAN someone that is an actual customer !!!!
    I would understand getting rid of a freeloading trouble maker......

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    I've always liked you guys but the slander hurts........
    Ooops, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    I'm still FLOORED that HPT would BAN someone that is an actual customer !!!!
    Because that is how they are, you know, the kid in the playground that wants to play with every toy and no-one else is allowed. I also find it amusing that the word EFILive is usually banned over there too, we are referred to as 'the other guys', it's really pathetic. But enough of that talk, it's been like this for many years, we all just accept that is how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    But I think the 4 bangers share a fair bit of code with the LL8 P10 no?
    Yes, that is true, just a different shape box.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345