Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: efilive v2 vs hptuners

WeahthermanSauwn mentions the RoadRunner PCM...

The combination of RoadRunner and EFILive allows tuning/editing of any/all tables/parameters in realtime while the engine/transmission is running...

and I said that in a very understated manner...

thanks for all your input my biggest problem is i know programing to some extent as i personnally run a 69 camaro 540cid pt fuel inj. running a modified computer with an ebl flash tuned with tunerpro rt. i been running this since 1997 its my summer daily driver

when i see these programs together and compare i see hp better for gas and have some ford and soon dodge (im personally all gm) and efi live has the diesel market place and i believe both would be good for me.

only problem i have now is in the college system i have to qualify my purchase and and have two quotes
    efi live is 799.00 no discounts for education our purchaser(and ex tech) always stresses this and hp is 649. than a 20% educational discount. so im triing to rationalize the efi pricing difference and how is it more product to quallify the final cost. btw aso i think this forum could be fun thanks again

I have both and the biggest difference is logging. Being able to do Black Box Logging (EFILive) on a few dozen pids, engine AND trans at the same time is AWESOME.

I think most of the information for the guy to make a decision is out there now. I don't see there is really any benefit either way of continuing a thread like this.

For sure we are absolutely dominant in the diesel market (for good reason). We are also very strong and innovative on the gas side. Perhaps one significant thing that has not come out in this thread is the still exclusive Virtual VE (read more here http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...118&Itemid=127) for the E38/E67 controllers. The other company has been promising this for probably over a year and it is still not available.

If you don't go EFILive this time round we are always happy to sell you the product later
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    I think most of the information for the guy to make a decision is out there now. I don't see there is really any benefit either way of continuing a thread like this.

For sure we are absolutely dominant in the diesel market (for good reason). We are also very strong and innovative on the gas side. Perhaps one significant thing that has not come out in this thread is the still exclusive Virtual VE (read more here http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...118&Itemid=127) for the E38/E67 controllers. The other company has been promising this for probably over a year and it is still not available.

If you don't go EFILive this time round we are always happy to sell you the product later
    Andrew they do have a program available that was written by a member of their forum that works basically the same as ours does. Its not integrated though like EFI LIVE's is but it gets the job done. There is always their custom OS with a regular VE table which does work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by mellor View Post
    thanks for all your input my biggest problem is i know programing to some extent as i personnally run a 69 camaro 540cid pt fuel inj. running a modified computer with an ebl flash tuned with tunerpro rt. i been running this since 1997 its my summer daily driver

when i see these programs together and compare i see hp better for gas and have some ford and soon dodge (im personally all gm) and efi live has the diesel market place and i believe both would be good for me.

only problem i have now is in the college system i have to qualify my purchase and and have two quotes
    efi live is 799.00 no discounts for education our purchaser(and ex tech) always stresses this and hp is 649. than a 20% educational discount. so im triing to rationalize the efi pricing difference and how is it more product to quallify the final cost. btw aso i think this forum could be fun thanks again
    As is is usual in this kind of situation the buying "entity" (bean counter) is considering only the initial capital cost of the equipment/service and never thinks about the total cost of ownership. Not only that, but features and value for money are also blatently disregarded - normally a mistake that impinges on the end user (not the bean counter) well down the line.

May I suggest that if you really want the Efilve package that you do a presentation for the bean counters, listing all the benefits and advantages of the competing packages.

Cheers.
    2005 HSV Maloo Ute, HKE 457ci Stroker LS2 E40, TFS 245's, 255/263 Hi Lift HUC, FAST LSXr 102, NW Billet 102 TB, FLT Level 7 4L65E, CircleD 4200 stall, Duspeed OTRCAI - Mafless, DF 1 7/8" LT's, 3" DiFilipo Duals, Serial LC-1 WB's

"An Old Dog learning new tricks"

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Yea, I kinda have a problem with this kind of thread also. Nothing personal toward the OP, but I can never tell if it a legitimate question of the differences in the tuning software or a public 'negotiation' over price.

I mean it is pretty easy to do the research without becoming a member of the forum..but when you have "price" or "quotes" mentioned several times in your first few posts..makes you wonder.

Nothing personal OP. Maybe my style would be different in how I asked it.
    Last edited by WeathermanShawn; February 10th, 2010 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Grammer
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

This guy also started a EFI vs HPT thread on the HPT website....Wow!!! alot of EFI Live bashing going on over there...
    EDIT: I was wrong!
    Last edited by GAMEOVER; December 20th, 2009 at 01:36 AM.
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    This guy also started a EFI vs HPT thread on the HPT website....Wow!!! alot of EFI Live bashing going on over there...
    I'm not going to get in on the which is better side, but I will say that for reasons I've never understood, the people involved with EFILive; management, programmers, support and users; have always been polite, kind helpful and courteous and the people involved with HP have in general not been those things.

Try to find a thread anywhere where someone up high from HP says "Oops, isn't supposed to work like that, we'll try to have it fixed by morning", then try the same thing for EFILive.

In the end, you'll tune your car with either, if you want a product supported by people who care, you'll buy EFILive.

Ira

Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    I'm not going to get in on the which is better side, but I will say that for reasons I've never understood, the people involved with EFILive; management, programmers, support and users; have always been polite, kind helpful and courteous and the people involved with HP have in general not been those things.

Try to find a thread anywhere where someone up high from HP says "Oops, isn't supposed to work like that, we'll try to have it fixed by morning", then try the same thing for EFILive.

In the end, you'll tune your car with either, if you want a product supported by people who care, you'll buy EFILive.

Ira
    I agree with you IRA!

I almost bought HP but all the negative bashing they did on LS1tech with the EFI Live vs HP Tuners threads, steered me away from their product... Plus Ross & Paul are cool!!!
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast