Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EFILive Scan Feature Request (Please!)

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    ... At idle, where RPM is low and gas flow is low, the offset is quite large. At WOT and/or high RPM, the exhaust gas reaches the WB sensor sooner so the offset is less. So having a fixed offset is not going to work well for anything other than fixed conditions...
    Yeah I thought I saw that too - the WB02 logging much more responsive at high exhaust gas flows.

Mr. P.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Etc?
    Are you asking if the truck has electronic throttle? Yes it's drive-by-wire 78-mm TB.

Mr. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P. View Post
    2) the motor spits and cuts apart at 4000-rpm if the MAP > 100 kpa, I thought this was the A0009 Boost VE table being too rich, but logs suggest that it's not the issue. Also there is no KR and spark is 17-degrees so I don't think this is the issue either, I am not sure how to troublshoot from here.
    This almost sounds like the spark getting quenched. I've not heard of it happening on 4PSI though, but if the plugs are old, damaged or the wrong type/heat range, thewn I could be the issue.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    This almost sounds like the spark getting quenched. I've not heard of it happening on 4PSI though, but if the plugs are old, damaged or the wrong type/heat range, thewn I could be the issue.

Simon
    Someone else yesterday suggested that too, they are TR6's gapped at 0.33"

Mr. P.

Well, the gap sounds about right. If it revs past 4000 on light throttle, just cruising it to the upper RPM range then I still think it's spark related.

If it won't rev past 4000 at all, then I'm going to guess that the ECT sender is playing up and the cold engine RPM limiter is kicking in. Get a log and post it up so we can have a look at what is going on.

Simon

Lifetime Member

I asked for this a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago... Response... When V8 comes out.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P. View Post
    3) I get a single spike of KR on trans kickdown; I don't know where to go to address this, I'm just learning...
    This is a relatively common occurance on trucks equipped with your transfercase. Frequency is probably as high as 30-40% from what I've encountered. Chances are that it is an associated mechanical noise being interpretted as knock.

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin View Post
    This is a relatively common occurance on trucks equipped with your transfercase. Frequency is probably as high as 30-40% from what I've encountered. Chances are that it is an associated mechanical noise being interpretted as knock.
    I wondered that as well; but I decrease KR sensitivity, increased KR recovery rate and I am now getting sawtooth patterned KR so I think it's legit and I need to soften the timing. Also, 2 months ago when I began this I used stock GM timing table and had no KR, although the truck was way down on power. I am wondering if the timing is legitimately too aggressive in the mid-range... I think what I will do is use the bi-di controls and do WOT pulls in 2nd gear to eliminate gear changes and see what the KR result is.

Mr. P.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12