Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 99 Saturn crack log

Ross, do you have one for the 3.4L V6 LA1 engine...?

Probably Joe, I think we did Read bootloaders for all V6's from late 90's up.
    But even so, you will have ctd files but nothing to do with them, almost like getting a new toy with no batteries.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross, I understand... LOL, but at least I will be able to say "I have read the PCM"...
    Last edited by joecar; January 4th, 2010 at 03:28 PM.

Well I have just about finished up with disassembling the source code. I want to make another pass through it to make sure I got all of the code found. What are the rules on posting the files on here?

Hopefully the logic analyzer should be here soon and once I get that hooked up I will be able to try and zoom in on segments of the code, for instance I can run the seed/key bully program and I should be able to target where the section of code that runs the Mode $27 stuff is and how it gets there. I figure once I have a few of those then I can go from there. I will need to find all of the tables (shouldn't be too hard they stick out like a sore thumb against the code now), where they are loaded in memory, and what they are tables for. Now the real work beginns.

It's fine to post your files here... I like reading assembly/disassembly... please go ahead....

We can compare with other known code and it will help identify tables. It may be a Saturn, but chances are most of the code is the same as in this ECU as it is with other GM ECUs. Even as far back as OBDI Saturn ECUs I found a lot of the code to be the same as the LT1 diss and used that to find the good stuff.
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    2007 Saturn SKY 2.4L Automatic - E67
    EFILive Tuned

These are the two original bin files for the engine and tranny sides of the ECM (I don't know if calling them that is strictly correct yet, but most of the IO on the tranny side goes to the tranny and most of the IO on the engine side goes to the engine, so that is what I am going with for now). Note this is after decoding the address lines, so do not try to write this directly to the flash cause it wont work so well for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

There looks like some wierd stuff tward the end that I am not sure of yet but otherwise this is mostly disassembled.

This is the engine side lower 64K. Note the area near location $5666, there are several entry points that control a couple bit's on Port G. This is how it bankswitches in the other two sections of upper memory. It loads the destination address into the x register, calls the appropriate subroutine to bank in the right section of memory, then does an inderect jump to get to the new section of code.

This is bank 2, it physically resides on the flash from 10000 to 17fff

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast