Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning RAFIG and RAFPN NEED HELP PLEASE

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by z28ls1818 View Post
    tired this and it erases all cells to nothing showing. blank basically wtf

Either the filter is not setup correctly or there are no recorded values in the filtered area.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

The goal is to find how much Idle Airflow is required for each of the ECT Values.

I might suggest you repeat the RAFIG once you have it figured out. So far your values seem unusually large.

To get a good RAFIG your VE Table and MAF Calibration Table should be as accurate as possible. If they are not correct, what is happening is that your Short and Long-term Idle trims will have a very large correction value when you do RAFIG.

RAFIG is generally more useful when your VE Table and MAF airflow is nailed down.
    Last edited by WeathermanShawn; February 10th, 2010 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Grammer
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Exclamation

which values seem large?
    the once that i logged or the ones in my tune already?
    i reduced the ammount on a separate tune just to see what the slope on the grid for the desired airflow would likke and its a beautiful slope nice and even.

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    OP:

I know you are frustrated right now, but the goal is to find how much Idle Airflow is required for each of the ECT Values.

I can't help you on the in and outs of the scan tool, units, etc..but I might suggest you repeat the RAFIG once you have it figured out. So far your values seem unusually large.

To get a good RAFIG your VE Table and MAF Calibration Table should be as accurate as possible. If they are not correct, what is happening is that your Short and Long-term Idle trims will have a very large correction value when you do RAFIG.

Any member is free to correct me, but RAFIG is generally more useful when your VE Table and MAF airflow is nailed down.

I know you are trying to just get the process down, but I am just trying to point out the big picture here, so you can understand what is happening.

How is the process going so far?

..WeathermanShawn..

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by z28ls1818 View Post
    ok i converted this is what i get this is the RAFPN MAP

90 degrees F -.02 lbs/min = -0.151197
    111 degrees F -.47 lbs/min = -3.561
    133 degrees F -.59 lbs/min = -4.451843
    154 degrees F -.59 lbs/min = -4.135288
    176 degrees F -.52 lbs/min = -3.943789
    198 degrees F -.49 lbs/min = -3.678430
    219 degrees F -.45 lbs/min = -3.366041 (on this one the fans came on, i kept on recording for about 3mins more after they were on.)
    I was referring to the above values. If that is your latest log, I meant -3 to -4 g/s is a lot (IMO).

Just puzzled by the amount of correction taking place.
    Last edited by WeathermanShawn; February 10th, 2010 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Grammer
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    I may be missing something, but I was referring to the above values. If that is your latest log, I meant -3 to -4 g/s is a lot (IMO). But, if you are getting different readings I may have missed it.

Sorry, not trying to sidetrack you. Just puzzled by the amount of correction taking place. Anybody else have a comment?

..WeathermanShawn..

well my cars tune isnt complete. mostly idle issues. this is why im trying to get the rafpn down first and the rafig. ass ssdemon says to do. then ill work on the idle dipping down to much. its funny cause right now when my idle dips down in park when the car is in operating temps, and if i play with the idle and raise the idle to 900 instead of 800 it wont dip anymore. but i dont believe this is the best way to fix this. this is why im trying ss demons writeup.

Lifetime Member

Can you post a screen shot of the actual values in Airflow tables (Metric) from the tune itself? What are the details of the setup? I have the same MAP setup and when I view the log, it shows -.2.61 gm/s (104-212 F) as an average which is not that unusual considering you're trying to drop the idle rpm 100 rpms. Depending on the size of the cam and tranmission (auto or manual) that usually takes some time and patience to nail it.

BTW - You can change the values in the MAP to Metric by clicking Edit map properties with the MAP displayed and change the Parameter by selecting the metric version of the parameter. Or you can change the properties of the Airflow table itself in the tuning software. Either way, they should match for simplicity sake.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
    Can you post a screen shot of the actual values in Airflow tables (Metric) from the tune itself? What are the details of the setup? I have the same MAP setup and when I view the log, it shows -.2.61 gm/s (104-212 F) as an average which is not that unusual considering you're trying to drop the idle rpm 100 rpms. Depending on the size of the cam and tranmission (auto or manual) that usually takes some time and patience to nail it.

BTW - You can change the values in the MAP to Metric by clicking Edit map properties with the MAP displayed and change the Parameter by selecting the metric version of the parameter. Or you can change the properties of the Airflow table itself in the tuning software. Either way, they should match for simplicity sake.

how do i post a screen shot?

Lifetime Member

Post your tune.

Here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

That is alot of airflow in the Desired Airflow Table and some pretty high spark values at idle. The MAF table is kind of tweaked. Is this a stroker motor? What are the details of your setup?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast