Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Vehicle Def For a 94 Buick 3800

Default What Vehicle Def For a 94 Buick 3800

I have a 1994 Buick Lesabre its a V6 3800, what vehicle definition do i use? It is obd1/aldl but has the obd2 connector, Any help would be Greatly appreciated

I do not believe there is a vehicle definition immediately available for your vehicle.

If you are able to send your full VIN through to support@efilive.com I can see if we might have any useful information which may provide the basis for you to create the vehicle definition.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    I do not believe there is a vehicle definition immediately available for your vehicle.

If you are able to send your full VIN through to support@efilive.com I can see if we might have any useful information which may provide the basis for you to create the vehicle definition.
    ok, i know that this is a common vehicle that has little to no support because of the really odd connectors and standards Would it help if i sent any data streams or the like?
    Happy New Year btw, i will follow up with the vin Shortly
    Thanks

Connector wise perhaps somethign like this (http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=128) from one of our resellers (Moates Ware) might work. We recommend another of their cables for regular OBDI for use with EFILive V4. Of course it would pay to ask them directly to confirm support before purchasing as we cannot give that assurance for your vehicle.

Based on the VIN I was going to see if we had any data stream definition information. If you already have that there is nothing more that we can provide you with I'm afraid. It will be a case of transferring the details in the stream specification into a vehicle definition for use with EFILive V4.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Here is the Vin# 1(L?)G4HP52L4RH464***(<--- 3 digits)

Sent you and email with the file. Good luck turning it into a vehicle definition....
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

sorry what i meant was for your use do you want me to log all data coming from the vehicle i already have a cable.

Some things work but others dont with EFIlivev4 my main problem is when i choose diffrent definitions i get other DTC's and im not sure which one is accurate

thanks for the help, what is the file you are sending me? what is its purpose

The file sent is the specification for DTCs etc for your vehicle. That information is to hopefully enable you to create the vehicle definition for your vehicle.

If you are using the evaluation version there are of course limitations (like not being able to save a log and the number of PIDs that can be monitored).

Also, if the vehicle definition does not correctly match some characteristics of your vehicle you will potentially get no data (or perhaps irregular data).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    The file sent is the specification for DTCs etc for your vehicle. That information is to hopefully enable you to create the vehicle definition for your vehicle.

If you are using the evaluation version there are of course limitations (like not being able to save a log and the number of PIDs that can be monitored).

Also, if the vehicle definition does not correctly match some characteristics of your vehicle you will potentially get no data (or perhaps irregular data).
    Ok,

I purchased Pro about a year ago or so, with the file that was sent, how would i use that to create a Def. file? when i open the .xml file i dont see anything that would contain the info from this file.
    I dont care so much about the speed rpm and such, but i Really need to get the Correct codes that the pcm is sending out, no local shops can read it, or they can and will for free but wont tell me what the problem actually is without paying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast