Thread: Engine Brake Pattern for C4500?

Default Engine Brake Pattern for C4500?

I would like to change the down shift points during engine braking in my '06 C4500 LBZ.

There does not appear to be a "Pattern" for Engine Braking mode even though the truck comes stock from GM with a electronic engine braking.

What am I missing?

Attached Files Attached Files
    Red 2006 4WD crew cab Kodiak pickup with Cinch interior
    SoCal LB7 pistons, SoCal ported heads, Crower billet rods, MPI Compound turbos w/GT4202 large charger, 07' welded intercooler.
    LBZ EFILive with own tune (~65th version) with help from Ridge Runner, Danville Perf, DuramaxTuner.com, ATP
    Sun Coast stage IV with billet converter. 2005 S135 diff with 5.13 & LS
    Air: seats, cab, & rear susp. Deaver front springs. 22.5" Alcoas, 43 gal & 34 gal tanks. Safe-T-Plus "blue" steering stabilizer

Lifetime Member

not missing anything. The 6speed is not fully developed and there are quite a few tables that have yet to be found, that is one of them.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

Everett huh? Seattle here, good to see another NW member.

The 6spd calibrations are being developed continually, but Im pretty sure for the 5spd Allis there's no section for engine braking.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

What does it take before the issue becomes important enough to come to the top of EFI Live priorities list?
    SoCal LB7 pistons, SoCal ported heads, Crower billet rods, MPI Compound turbos w/GT4202 large charger, 07' welded intercooler.
    LBZ EFILive with own tune (~65th version) with help from Ridge Runner, Danville Perf, DuramaxTuner.com, ATP
    Air: seats, cab, & rear susp. Deaver front springs. 22.5" Alcoas, 43 gal & 34 gal tanks. Safe-T-Plus "blue" steering stabilizer

We tend not to chop and change between development on the various controllers we support or nothing would ever get completed. For example, we recently spent a while working on the DSP for LBZ/LMM, a custom OS for the E38/E67 ECM's and pretty much nothing else got a look in.
    Requests like yours will be noted for the next time we are working on the Alli 6spd.
    I don't know when that will be, we need to juggle handling further development on existing controllers and expanding in to new territory.
    You may or may not know that the Alli 6spd TCM underwent a change in 2009, at this stage we haven't added support for that new TCM, it's development is well under way, in fact the reading of the new TCM was released in the last update. We will probably look to add user requests on certain tables once we switch to full development on the new TCM.
    Also please keep in mind, we are not GM, we are not Allison, we can't guarantee we can find every table or function that may (or may not) be in a controller.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for the info Ross.

I completely understand and will await the next 6spd update.

Happy New Year & best wishes for continued success in 2010!
    Randy