Thread: hands on vehicle tuning classes

Default hands on vehicle tuning classes

I'm wondering about the EFI university classes or any other classes out there. I am a very hands on person but can't read so much information at once and understand it. I was wondering if there was any kind of a class where they actually not show you a computer but demonstrate the even beginners level demonstration on a vehicle.

I have been at the learning process for over a year now and the only time i really learned they right way to do an Auto VE or setting up a MAF-less tune was from a more experienced individual person i met.

I attended the EFI University 101 class and it changed me! I am so glad I went; I know that the tuition seems kinda steep at first but it turned out to be worth every penny to me. Skip the EFILive Intro class they have, get right into the 101 tuning theory class. I have also heard positive feedback from Greg Banish's courses as well.

Mr. P.

Lifetime Member

I have to highly recommend EFI University !!!!
    I took the 101 class and the EFI Live class, I really want to take the ACP
    class there. If you want something more like a trade school check out
    Hennessey Performance Engineering http://www.tunerschool.com/

thanks guys i think ill be lookin for a class close to me this winter

I have been through many of the "classes" noted here and can tell you Gregs approach to calibrating is very good.

He has a very strong background in engine management from GM to Ford to Chysler so he is very well rounded.

Just need to check his schedule for classes. He is actually coming here this weekend as we are doing an advanced Ford class here at our facility.

His site is

http://www.calibratedsuccess.com/

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P. View Post
    I attended the EFI University 101 class and it changed me! I am so glad I went; I know that the tuition seems kinda steep at first but it turned out to be worth every penny to me. Skip the EFILive Intro class they have, get right into the 101 tuning theory class. I have also heard positive feedback from Greg Banish's courses as well.

Mr. P.

Your lucky, I was personally very dissapointed with the class. Someone needs to let people know that "EFI" university has nothing directly to do with "EFI LIVE" tuning software. I think it can be a great course for a new to this person, but I did not need someone to show me what a MAP sensor looked like, I wanted-and thought I was going for- direct EFI live software training, but left rather and with a lot less money..

Quote Originally Posted by 9secVette View Post
    Your lucky, I was personally very dissapointed with the class. Someone needs to let people know that "EFI" university has nothing directly to do with "EFI LIVE" tuning software. I think it can be a great course for a new to this person, but I did not need someone to show me what a MAP sensor looked like, I wanted-and thought I was going for- direct EFI live software training, but left rather and with a lot less money..
    Where did you get the idea that EFIU was related to EFI Live? EFIU does offer a class for EFI Live but I can't imagine it being much more informative than this forum.

I attended 101 and Advanced as a beginner. I was pleased with it. It served the purpose of getting over the initial fear of EFI. Then it's a matter of gaining experience and leaning a little bit on the "smarter" people around here.

-Brad

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DPS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secVette View Post
    Where did you get the idea that EFIU was related to EFI Live? EFIU does offer a class for EFI Live but I can't imagine it being much more informative than this forum.

I attended 101 and Advanced as a beginner. I was pleased with it. It served the purpose of getting over the initial fear of EFI. Then it's a matter of gaining experience and leaning a little bit on the "smarter" people around here.

-Brad
    You tell him !!