Thread: Banks iQ & EFI Live ????

Default Banks iQ & EFI Live ????

Been doing a lot of ready here and on Diesel place forum. I understand that i would need to un-install my banks system before using the EFI and then once complete i can use my iQ for use of the interface gauges. However I'm not looking to run any tunes with the EFI. I would like to perform a DPF delete and also be able to check data for DIC codes. Banks iQ will tell me what the code is and the option to clear it. I use the truck as a dialy driver and I am very comfortable with the banks system its just a little limited on what i can see. I have been getting a code PO181 & PO182 which relate to a fuel temp sensor (voltage and performance). I own a set of GM factory service manuals which guide me through a prossess of aliminations but i do not have a Tech2 and do not want to go for 3000.00.
    Does any one have any suggestions.
    2500 HD 09 Silverado LMM/CC/LB/Z71/LT1
    EFILive w/ DSP5 (Duramaxtuner.com)

I am not familiar with the iQ product apart from now realising there is another marketing department who have no iRiginal iDeas.
    Now, the question at hand, if a device is plugged inline with the ECM then it may alter the sensor data to fool the ECM in to different tuning. If that is the case it will make tuning with EFILive difficult.
    If you can set the iQ in to a bypass mode where it only monitors then by all means using an EFILive tune will work fine.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I am not familiar with the iQ product apart from now realising there is another marketing department who have no iRiginal iDeas.
    Now, the question at hand, if a device is plugged inline with the ECM then it may alter the sensor data to fool the ECM in to different tuning. If that is the case it will make tuning with EFILive difficult.
    If you can set the iQ in to a bypass mode where it only monitors then by all means using an EFILive tune will work fine.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Thank you for reply. The iQ does have a stock tune setting (#1) 2-6 are power tunes.
    2500 HD 09 Silverado LMM/CC/LB/Z71/LT1
    EFILive w/ DSP5 (Duramaxtuner.com)