Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BBR for old V6's

Default Hummm

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Ross,

Reminder: define the V6B and V6C calibration tables...

do the 12217063 V6B file first (that I sent you) [please]...

Looks like it is a race to see who can tamper with the wifes car first Joe!

Progress is being made with the flashing on the early model Holdens....

Mick
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

You know disabling the wife's car through tampering is on par with her finding out you've been busted in a motel room full of hookers (male ones!).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default Lol

Very true!! (LOL) After 15 years I have her well trained these days. It pays to have a couple spare wives, no I mean pcm's. I still think I should be able to get away with the S/C upgrade.

I remember quite a few years ago I had a V8 Torana with 150 shot. I had forgot to turn it off before heading up the coast. The lovely lady was driving and went to overtake some slower vehicles on the highway when she stuck her foot in it. I tell you the look on her face was priceless.

I don't think the repercussions would be as equal to that, so I think there is a margin for error on my behalf.

Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

Ross, you can delete my reminder if you want... ...do you want daily, weekly, monthly or yearly reminder updates...?

Mick, lol, I didn't know it was a race... these are some things she has to put up with:
    - she inadvertently initiated the BCM-PCM security relearn, a 30 minute process (during which there is no-start),
    - when hot, it sometimes doesn't start immediately (leading to the first item above),
    - after finished running the A/C (defrosting the windscreen), the coolant fan runs on at high speed for a quite a long time,
    - fan turn on temps are too high,
    - A4 shift feel is factory poor,
    - other stupid stuff...

I trained her how to avoid the first one, but when she's in a hurry she sometimes forgets.

lol... I would get a spare PCM before I ever tried flashing, but I do trust Ross's bootloader...

She doesn't mind if I tamper with her car [during her beauty sleep]... ...it just has to be ready by the time she's ready to go...!!!...if her car isn't ready, then she may take mine [...groan...]...

I'm too busy at home (doing car stuff) to get caught in any embarrassing situations...

Default Hey Ross.....

Hey Ross...

Does this mean I can eventually add some better content to my.....

"DISAPPOINTED! Can't tune my rental car!" Thread??????

That thread was sooo fun, but every car Corina rented was an E37 PCM!!!

What a drag!
    Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Chuck, E37 reading is supported in the latest BBR release, there, that gives you some hope
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Chuck, E37 reading is supported in the latest BBR release, there, that gives you some hope
    Im not getting E37 or either of the V6 PCMs coming up in my BBx Read Tune area. Double click a blank area to add a new controller, neither of these are there. 05-08 V6s are in the BBL dialog box though.

I downloaded the .zip from the original post and unzipped them to proper subfolder in Program Data and still do not have the option to add them via S&T. I can add them manually and I assume the copy would work properly but I cant test them.
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; January 19th, 2010 at 12:08 PM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Default v6b/v6c

Erik,

I had to manually edit Options.txt...

And, V6B/V6C do not show up in the BBR module select dropdown.

Lifetime Member

Thats what I thought, I know these are still in public beta but it might be good to include them in the next build (105?) with a drop-down menu so EFILive can get more reads as the end user doesnt have to do the leg work. I think I might start having more than just my P10 and E67/T42 combo on my V2 in case I happen to run into a friend with one so I can pull the tune.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Thats what I thought, I know these are still in public beta but it might be good to include them in the next build (105?)
    I thought they all were

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast