Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to tune RAFPN and RAFIG

Default Trying to tune RAFPN and RAFIG

why in the hell dosnt my scan tool log corrections fast enough or even at all. below is my log this shit is weird.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: efi bs.efi (179.9 KB, 282 views)

I didn't see anything wrong with the log.
    IAC correction values do not change instantly like TPS, RPM or even STFT.
    They aren't usually the same either, one can be high while the other is 0.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

i dont know what is wrong. it was working fine 2 days ago.

What changed since it was working... goto the History tab in the tunetool.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    What changed since it was working... goto the History tab in the tunetool.
    dont know. herers the story.

last week. i found a leak on the a4 from the grey pcm connection to the 4l60e. changed that. then i go to tune it and it works fine. next day i try it again and its working then all of a sudden it dosnt update on the scan tool.?

the only thing i can think of is that the pcm connector to the tranny isnt connected properly and it disnt know if its in ig or pn. any thoughs.

ok this is my tune right now. i know the timing tables are off. what should i got buy or what should i change to get the car running.

afr is fine. i just cant get it to idle properly in park neutral when warm withough it falling on its face.

should i try this timing table as a start. this is for an a4 with a 226.236 110lsa with cncd heads and fat 9090, what you guys think about trying these spark values
    http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=10
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Is the above log in P/N or In Gear?

* Don't just arbitrarily throw in timing; give the car what it needs. Your timing doesn't look that bad. The "stall area" circled in the screenshot in the above post mostly pertains to a M6 when decelerating towards a stop or idle conditions.
    * You car runs REAL hot at idle. The Fan Airflow corrections are real high for such a small cam. This could be part of the problem; but it's hard to say. Both fans were on for the entire log.
    * If you're getting idle swing when switching from P to D, it could be because of the big difference in airflow between the In Gear and Park/Neutral tables. Ex. at 219 F the airflow is 12.90 gm/s in gear and 7.20 gm/s in Park/Neutral. This in turn will activate the idle learning tables which worsen the problem until it corrects it.

You need to use the DVT function on the Scan tool to help pinpoint the problem (assuming it's not mechanical). This allows real time adjustments that are instaneous. Then you can adjust the tune accordingly. Don't be afraid to try something that's not so obvious. Sometimes this is what needs to be done.

With the DVT function you can adjust:
    > Idle speed up or down
    > airflow by increasing or decreasing IAC steps
    > spark (add, or subtract)
    > Change Commanded Air Fuel Ratio
    > Turn on and off both fans separately

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by z28ls1818 View Post
    dont know. herers the story.

last week. i found a leak on the a4 from the grey pcm connection to the 4l60e. changed that. then i go to tune it and it works fine. next day i try it again and its working then all of a sudden it dosnt update on the scan tool.?

the only thing i can think of is that the pcm connector to the tranny isnt connected properly and it disnt know if its in ig or pn. any thoughs.
    Oops. I noticed this after I post my long-winded response above. Make sure to fix this first before adjusting anything in the tune. There is a PND pid that lets you see what gear the trans is in.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
    Is the above log in P/N or In Gear?

* Don't just arbitrarily throw in timing; give the car what it needs. Your timing doesn't look that bad. The "stall area" circled in the screenshot in the above post mostly pertains to a M6 when decelerating towards a stop or idle conditions.
    * You car runs REAL hot at idle. The Fan Airflow corrections are real high for such a small cam. This could be part of the problem; but it's hard to say. Both fans were on for the entire log.
    * If you're getting idle swing when switching from P to D, it could be because of the big difference in airflow between the In Gear and Park/Neutral tables. Ex. at 219 F the airflow is 12.90 gm/s in gear and 7.20 gm/s in Park/Neutral. This in turn will activate the idle learning tables which worsen the problem until it corrects it.

You need to use the DVT function on the Scan tool to help pinpoint the problem (assuming it's not mechanical). This allows real time adjustments that are instaneous. Then you can adjust the tune accordingly. Don't be afraid to try something that's not so obvious. Sometimes this is what needs to be done.

With the DVT function you can adjust:
    > Idle speed up or down
    > airflow by increasing or decreasing IAC steps
    > spark (add, or subtract)
    > Change Commanded Air Fuel Ratio
    > Turn on and off both fans separately

my p/n desired airflow tables are closer to perfect then the D desired airflow. should i copy and past the pn to the drive then try the rafig again to see if it will log?

Quote Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
    Oops. I noticed this after I post my long-winded response above. Make sure to fix this first before adjusting anything in the tune. There is a PND pid that lets you see what gear the trans is in.
    forgot to add. the fan correction airflow is what the car seems to like. when fan #1 turns on it turns on fine almost unosdisable. when #2 comes on it seams to make the idle dip a bit more. my thought was that this was because of not enough correction air flow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast