Thread: Interface not detected problem

Default Interface not detected problem

I can log data just fine with just the hand held. I can download scan files from my hand held to the laptop and update PID selections on the hand held. I cannot get the pass through to work. When I hit the connect button in the scan software on the laptop I get an interface not connected. When I try to look at the scan data on the hand held it says it is in pass through mode. I am just a getting my feet wet in this.

The truck is an 08 silverado and was successfully tuned in person about 3 months ago with efilive.

Any ideas? Do I need to pull a fuse or am I not hitting the right buttons in the software?
    Thanks

When you click connect,(a picture of the Computer you want to connect to should pop up) make sure you choose the right ECM. If it's a gas truck it should be an E38 and for the transmission it should be a T42...
    Also, make sure you are finished logging data before you connect to your laptop. I usually just disconnect and then re-connect my V2, from OBD2 port, just before I want to use it in pass thru mode...Hope this helps
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

I do get the popup and I'm choosing the E38 and t42. So far so good.
    I've tried 4-5 different start up scenarios. Boot laptop, connect hand held, plug in to obd2 port. The reverse order of that. plug hand held into obd2 port verify it is talking and plug hand held into laptop. I can unplug the hand held from the laptop and back in and verify it is going into pass through mode. Just cannot figure out why it is not connecting.

thanks for your help

Might be USB/laptop related....
    Is the truck On while trying this? Or atleast KEY in ON position vehicle off...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Tried with the key in the on position and while the engine is running. If it wasn't so darn cold outside I would go troubleshoot some.

resolved the problem thanks. feel like a DA

No worries, we all fall into some hole or other at various times...

What was the problem?

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

if you must know I didn't realize that you had to push the yellow button at the bottom of the screen to start recording. I thought that all you had to do it select the green button in the upper left corner. not sure what the interface not detected message was but all seems functional now.

Yellow button monitors, Red button records.