Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Speed Allison TCM's

Default 6 Speed Allison TCM's

Are the LBZ & LMM A40 TCM's the same except for the programming, meaning if I program a calibration for a 2007 LMM into the TCM I have that's out of an 06 LBZ, would it work or could I expect problems?

Lifetime Member

I would think you would have to full flash the os into it, we cant full flash the 6 speed yet. I have never tried it but I bet it wont even do a calibration flash since the os is different who knows?
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    I would think you would have to full flash the os into it, we cant full flash the 6 speed yet. I have never tried it but I bet it wont even do a calibration flash since the os is different who knows?
    Can with a Tech2

Sorry, should've mentioned that I was referring to changing the cal with that, not EFILive.
    Last edited by Cougar281; January 12th, 2010 at 04:39 PM.

Lifetime Member

Didn't know there had been different cal's released for the light duty trucks. I know there are a few for the MD's.

I would say that if you have found a setup you like in another TCM i would FULL flash with the Tech II since we don't have those TCM's fully developed yet. And grabbing just the cal might not net you the results you are looking for.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    Didn't know there had been different cal's released for the light duty trucks. I know there are a few for the MD's.

I would say that if you have found a setup you like in another TCM i would FULL flash with the Tech II since we don't have those TCM's fully developed yet. And grabbing just the cal might not net you the results you are looking for.
    What I am asking is if I flash an LMM A40 cal into my LBZ A40, will it work in the LMM or is there a difference in the hardware? Where the Tech2 is concerned, the "Cal" is the entire OS (at least all the flashes I've played with in the A40 where 2MB). The LMM cals are different form the LBZ's in that the LBZ's still use Class2 for some things, whereas the LMM's don't. The 8.1's have PWM torque management enabled whereas the Duramaxes use J1939 for Torque management... Then there are the below -40 cals and "normal" cals....

I think you should be fine to exchange LBZ & LMM OS's without harming the TCM, the hardware only changed for 2009 (as you know).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Are the LBZ & LMM A40 TCM's the same except for the programming, meaning if I program a calibration for a 2007 LMM into the TCM I have that's out of an 06 LBZ, would it work or could I expect problems?
    What did you conclude Dave?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    What did you conclude Dave?
    Yes, you can flash a LMM cal into a LBZ A40 and vise versa; All the A40 hardware is the same. I was also able to flash several MD cals into the same TCM wothout issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I think you should be fine to exchange LBZ & LMM OS's without harming the TCM, the hardware only changed for 2009 (as you know).
    What changed in the hardware for 2009?
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Yes, you can flash a LMM cal into a LBZ A40 and vise versa; All the A40 hardware is the same. I was also able to flash several MD cals into the same TCM wothout issue.
    I am confused (a perpetual state). LMM and LBZ have the same OS?? Didn'tthe LBZ A40 have an LBZ OS? With no full flash capability, hence my confusion.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast