Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: H3 hummer I 5 3.5

Yeah. I'd be in line to buy 2. One for the H3 one for the Camaro. I saw on Holdens website where you guy can get a version of the Chevy Equinox with a diesel too. The new ones hear are selling like crazy. I think they are even selling faster than the Camaro right now. The fuel milage on them is really great but its got to be awsome with a diesel.

For a daily commuter the 4 cyl Diesels are great, they make the same torque as a 3.5L V6, but everywhere in the rev range, which in traffic makes them feel really strong.
    The funny part is in a 0 - 60 time they are slow, but like 40 - 60 they will leave a V6 gasser for dead.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Sounds good, got a diesel in the program for us?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    You guys know that GM has a nice range of smaller (sub 3.0L) Diesel engines available everywhere except the USA?
    Dmax V6 plus some other 2.0L 4cyl stuff.
    The 4.5L is going to be an after market gold mine for GM if it ever arrives, I bet they would sell 1,000's and 1,000's of those as a create motor for conversions.
    Yeah , no need to rub it in , US is always left behind when it comes to diesel powered stuff .
    Diesels make so much better power for less money over a gasser .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Yeah , no need to rub it in , US is always left behind when it comes to diesel powered stuff .
    Diesels make so much better power for less money over a gasser .
    I know, now if GM would stop charging a huge premium for the Dmax life would be great.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Everyone of the big three HAS a diesel ready for their half ton line up. They are just waiting to see who goes first and how well it does. What GM needs to do IS make the motor available to the entire line up. Form WT to LTZ unlike the vortec MAX that you could only get in a 4wd CC or EC with the LT2 or LTZ packages. I paid less for my Dmax. A 2wd or 4wd WT with a small diesel and a good 6spd auto would be a great fleet truck. Hell a 2wd that was tuned right would probably get upwards of 28 to 30 mpg hwy.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselz28 View Post
    Everyone of the big three HAS a diesel ready for their half ton line up. They are just waiting to see who goes first and how well it does. What GM needs to do IS make the motor available to the entire line up. Form WT to LTZ unlike the vortec MAX that you could only get in a 4wd CC or EC with the LT2 or LTZ packages. I paid less for my Dmax. A 2wd or 4wd WT with a small diesel and a good 6spd auto would be a great fleet truck. Hell a 2wd that was tuned right would probably get upwards of 28 to 30 mpg hwy.
    I agree , I saw the Ford 1/2 ton pickup with a diesel in it a few years ago , nice (for a Ford that is) .
    Was amazed they canned it and never produced it or at least held off on it .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

GM a day late and a dollar short...
    Diesels or even other alternates like hydrogen, natural gas, etc...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123