Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Locked ECU Hacking

maybe something they can add in the V8 release.

one can only hope... or look else where to start. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    or look else where to start. lol
    That's a bit extreme, IMO; EFILive is the best tuning software available (and has the fairest pricing), if you ask me .

Sorry guys and gals...

I don't have the email here on this computer, but it mentioned complaints from workshops/resellers about publishing a hacking method.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    That's a bit extreme, IMO; EFILive is the best tuning software available (and has the fairest pricing), if you ask me .
    i didnt mean elsewhere for tuning software. I agree Efi is allready the best for that.

I meant find other ways to flash over "locked" pcm's. I will stress, im talking about locked HPTUNERS pcm's.
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; January 12th, 2010 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Sorry guys and gals...

I don't have the email here on this computer, but it mentioned complaints from workshops/resellers about publishing a hacking method.
    Of which we had no clue if it would work. it Makes you wonder.. Why?
    I can't think of why a reseller would care if that's all they do, workshops i can understand. But surely it coudlnt be hard for efilive to detect an efilive cos tune and thus not allow an overwrite or read. I cant think of any good reason to stay with the factory os/calibration with the cos's available, so stiff biccies if it's a tuned factory os.

efilive, hptuners, ls1edit etc etc allready "hack" the gm code so its nothing new.

All us "home users" want to be able to do is overwrite a HPT tune without striping down the pcm to remove the memory chip from the board.

I would prefer to wait a week for a program to find the keys than
    1) pay someone to do it. (with programs I KNOW allready exist to do what im asking)
    2) disassemble the pcm to get to the eeprom.

Default Lol

Reality is, LS1 tuning is not far from being open format to DIY-EFI.

I'm not shocked that the thread got shut down. Reality is that, this type of conversation is and will happen somewhere else.

I respect Ross and Paul's Bussiness Ethic to support there Workshop Clients on this forum!!

Mick
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

As you all know on our forum we tend to let people say whatever they like and mention whoever they want, we aren't precious princess's like some. I'll quote one of my favourite sayings "Gagging those that tell it like it is won't make the problem go away".
    That applies to the locking thread, we know there is people out there unlocking LS1 PCM's so us deleting the thread isn't going to put a halt to some software eventually appearing that will unlock the PCM by brute force, but even blind Freddy can see it would be a very stupid business decision for EFILive to include such a utility or allow such software to use our hardware.

If an unlocking method comes out that anyone can use I know I would not want to be the one who released it in the US.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So that's a no then?

lol

It can't be that hard to do, I've had a comercial tuner do it for me already. After trying several times to unlock it or write over it, I decided to bite the bullet and pay the $35 to get it done. I understand why the tuner locked it, after charging over $600, for the dyno tune on the PCM, I'd have been ashamed to admite it was my work and have locked it too.

LOL
    I had one of those tunes before too, but fortunately it wasn't locked.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast