Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V2 resets clock... Any one else???

Default V2 resets radio clock... Any one else???

Every time I plug the V2 into the OBD2 port it resets the Factory clock to 1:00. So Far I have Noticed It does not matter if it is conected to the computer or not Prior to pluging it into the OBD2 Port. It also does not matter if the Key Is in the ON OFF or in ACC mode. I have the latest EFILive software and firmware installed.

Truck Is a Stock 2000 Silverado 1500 ECSB 5.3L Auto. No aftermarket electronics.

PCM information

Calibration ID: 9379551
    Serial Number: 1DG0XKWA0034
    Operating System: 09381344
    Engine Calibration: 9357700
    Engine Diagnostics: 9358089
    Transmission Calibration: 9358175
    Transmission Diagnostics: 16253330
    Fuel System: 16264538
    System: 16264575
    Speedometer: 16264824
    Operating System BCC: CYCB

I have emailed Tech support and there stumped
    Last edited by 1FastBrick; January 14th, 2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: wanted to make title more clear

Lifetime Member

Must be a bug. You should be able to set the V2 time when connected to a computer and it should hold that time until you reset it again. I wish it was self-sustaining so it could keep real time. Maybe Joecar will jump in and help.

He's meaning the actual accessory clock in the car (not on the V2)
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    He's meaning the actual accessory clock in the car (not on the V2)
    I see. That's even more odd. Disregard my comments.

Yeah it is really weird for sure. That's why I suggested he posted on here as well. I've never seen/heard anything like it. There is an updated OS for his vehicle which I've suggested he try and get.

1FastBrick: Incidentally did you try the PCM recovery etc process that we suggested at all?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

mine has been doin the same thing also since I updated to the 411 pcm and I am running a custom os. I believe mine is only when i re-load the tune though if I remeber right.

I have the exact same problem on a 2002 chevy truck. the radio clock is reset every time i plug the v2 in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Yeah it is really weird for sure. That's why I suggested he posted on here as well. I've never seen/heard anything like it. There is an updated OS for his vehicle which I've suggested he try and get.

1FastBrick: Incidentally did you try the PCM recovery etc process that we suggested at all?
    No, I have not. I Have a freind of a freind getting me in On Saturday at a dealer to get the latest Factory calibration Programed to my vehical.

Since I am new to the EFILive software I don't want to try reprograming the ECM with out some one with more experince suppervising. Also as always since I have no way to verify other peoples calibrations, I want to make sure I get the correct callibration.

Unfortunitally I drive this Vehical evereyday. So If I make a mistake or something does not load properly I could Be in a world of hurt. Haveing the dealer program the new GM factory OS Insures at least that part of it will be correct. I May Take a spare ECM and have them do that one too so i have a back up.

Tordne, do you think It may be possible that the Original OS has some thing to do with both issues I am haveing???

Quote Originally Posted by pullincrazy88 View Post
    mine has been doin the same thing also since I updated to the 411 pcm and I am running a custom os. I believe mine is only when i re-load the tune though if I remeber right.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpr View Post
    I have the exact same problem on a 2002 chevy truck. the radio clock is reset every time i plug the v2 in.
    Could you Guys possibly post some more details so that Tordne could see if there is a link causeing this error???

As far as I have been told I am the only one who has actually reported this problem. Tech Support and Product Development have not yet seen this problem. So If possible I would be appericated if you could post some details about the OS your runing and the type of vehical.

Thanks!

I am certain that the oil life issue is related to the OS you're running. I have full flashed a Corvette calibration with the same OS and it has the same symptom (oil life not being changed). Other OS's work fine. Perhaps that functionality wasn't introduced until the 2001+ OS series.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast