Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: V2 resets clock... Any one else???

Sorry I Haven't been around latey. I had the OS updated Last night night with the latest updates through GM. The new OS is 12205612.

As far as the radio goes as long as I,
    First turn the key to the on position, then conect the obd2 cable to the obd2 port, then the obd2 cable to the v2, then the laptop cable to the v2, and then to the laptop cable to the usb port it connects with out reseting the clock...

With the key off, Following the same procedure, it flashed the clock back... also connecting the cables any other way flashed the clock back... Weired...

Unfortunitly I still can't reset the Oil Life though have to see what andrew says about that...
    Last edited by 1FastBrick; January 24th, 2010 at 07:32 PM.

I have just tried doing an oil reset after full flashing a 12205612 OS into a PCM here and it doesn't work either. I'm almost willing to bet that this is not an implemented capability on this particular OS series (for your vehicle).

I'll Ross if he knows any more detail...

Can I ask why you are wanting to do this anyway?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

The oil life was not implemented in all platforms, I haven't caught what vehicle you have there?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have had the same thing happen on my truck. Although I am opposite of one of the other guys who responded "More often than not". Usually it does not effect my clock, but it has a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    I have just tried doing an oil reset after full flashing a 12205612 OS into a PCM here and it doesn't work either. I'm almost willing to bet that this is not an implemented capability on this particular OS series (for your vehicle).

I'll Ross if he knows any more detail...

Can I ask why you are wanting to do this anyway?
    Just getting familiar with the tool. Thought it was a cool feature!

I thought This was the reason you wanted me to update the OS on my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The oil life was not implemented in all platforms, I haven't caught what vehicle you have there?
    2000 Chevy Silverado. ECSB 5.3L AUTO

I was hoping that the new OS might have supported that functionality. I'm surprised that the dealer had not updated the OS as part of regular servicing to be honest.

As Ross indicated it must just not be something that is present in the OS's for your vehicle.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    I was hoping that the new OS might have supported that functionality. I'm surprised that the dealer had not updated the OS as part of regular servicing to be honest.

As Ross indicated it must just not be something that is present in the OS's for your vehicle.
    I never go to the Stealership.

They usually don't do updates out here unless your having some sort of specific problem.

I used to be able to reset it with the Tech 2 on the older version of the software. After I had the software on the tech 2 updated it doesnt seem to have that function any more.

So is this something thats just not implemented in the software for the V2 scan tool for my particular vehical???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123