Thread: Read a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid?

Question Read a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid?

Hello,

Just got my EFILive unit yesterday and now I have an E67 from a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid hooked up to a bench harness. I cannot read it and I don't know which OS is in it.

Am I supposed to be able to get a read of it even if the OS is not on the supported list?

/Stefan

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeBurb View Post
    Hello,

Just got my EFILive unit yesterday and now I have an E67 from a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid hooked up to a bench harness. I cannot read it and I don't know which OS is in it.

Am I supposed to be able to get a read of it even if the OS is not on the supported list?

/Stefan
    The software on the CD in the box with EFILive will not be the most up to date version. To make sure you have the latest updates, please download and install this version: http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71
    I recommend downloading and installing both V7.5 and V8.

Meanwhile, you can select the menu option: Flash->Show PCM Info, then select the correct controller (E67) and click on [Get Info]. That will show you info about your controller, including the OS number.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Yes, updated everything to the latest versions yesterday...

Turns out the E67 harness I'm using (Speartech) is not even close to correct
    I'm wiring it up "by hand" now. Hopefully it isn't toasted and I can establish comms. If not, I'm f***ed!

/Stefan

Stefan, I doubt that 2009 Hybrid OS will be supported, we know there is a lot of unsupported OS's out there for them that we have not seen. Most of the Hybrid OS's we've done have been from Malibu's and Saturns.
    Once you manage to read out the file and if it's not supported, Email the file to support@efilive.com and we'll work on getting it mapped out for you.
    Fingers crossed the ECM is still alright!

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I was unable to establish comms with it and gave up... even tried with my Tech2. Shipped it back to the customer and the truck fired right back up after installation. At the moment I'm just glad that I did not have to buy a new ECM

/Stefan