Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slowing up the stftrims coming in so early.

Quote Originally Posted by alian View Post
    Yes that was a cold. Have done a couple of things, 1 was to align 1501 and 1503, 1502 and 1504.Not sure how long they have been different. Will have to go back to see when and if they were changed. I seem to have come up mwith a happy medium that is working for me. Thanks Simon and Joel. Again you have proved that the more you play the more you learn.
    Cheers Ian
    Ok its strange that its leaning out there. I can normally here mine go into CL when its warming up by 60 degrees STFT kick in and the engine note changes. But its not lean, only when hot I had this trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by hymey View Post
    Ok its strange that its leaning out there. I can normally here mine go into CL when its warming up by 60 degrees STFT kick in and the engine note changes. But its not lean, only when hot I had this trouble.
    Joel This is a problem I have had since I started tuning the car. Once I had tuned it maffless and went to turn on the sftrims it was doing it. It is the reason that I have always stayed with an OL tune.Now it seems to be working, But I will do some more testing at different heat temps.
    Cheers Ian

Lifetime Member

I have seen STFT's start up 3 sec after a cold (warm ?) start from memory. Stock tune. So maybe this is the same thing.

I see the advantages of stfts as simon has pointed out. On open road trips my economy improves in CL around town its better in OL. But overall CL is better with the e38. It has its niggling issues from time to time. 3 seconds I have seen this too. I too go through times of using OL and improving low speed tune. Using the MAF solves a lot of things and my drivability is better although I am down 2-3 kpa with MAF on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12