Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New laptop - V1 not working

these are my options in this folder - no driver install option - and according to the "breadcrumb" bar i followed your instructions i think. Do i need to redownload/install?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efilive3.png 
Views:	193 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	7031  

You install the drivers from Device Manager. Go to Device Manager and find the Unknown Device, then right-click on it and choose update drivers, then navigate to the noted folder when prompted. That will then manage the installation of the driver for you.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by chevynovaguy72 View Post
    these are my options in this folder - no driver install option - and according to the "breadcrumb" bar i followed your instructions i think. Do i need to redownload/install?
    Dont go into the folder at all, open up Device Manager. To do this, right click on My Computer (either in Start or on the desktop), click Properties. For W7/Vista click Device Manager on the left hand side. Once Device Manager has come up, go to the Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand the list. You will most likely see a yellow exclamation point next to an Unknown Device. Double click this, go to the Driver tab and click Update Driver. Select Browse My Computer, then click Browse. Browse to the C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K-XP-Vista\amd64 and click Ok then click Next. Follow the prompt and you should be all set.

As for your other question, I have run EFILive exclusively on x64 bit systems since I got my first laptop in Sept 07 (well the x64 driver wasnt released until Nov or so but regardless) with Vista Ultimate x64 then went to Vista Home Prem x64 on my new laptop. Installed W7 Ult beta x64 around this time last year and havent looked back, running the RC right now waiting to get a RTM copy here soon.

EDIT:
    Tordne barely beat me...dang
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

no unknown devices will show up in device manager. this is all that shows up

I know what i need to do once it shows up. problem is when I plug the cable in i get a small bubble pop up that I have posted a pic up on my very first post. I believe when this happens windows ignores the device. Tested the cable in another computer and it works fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efilive5.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	262.2 KB 
ID:	7033  

okay so actually opening my eyes i see the flashscan - efilive still doesnt recognize it....

Lifetime Member

Try and update the driver for your FlashScan that you see anyway, maybe your computer is using an old driver or something weird like that.

What do you mean EFILive doesnt recognize it? You cannot connect to your V1 to flash a PCM/ECM? Can you check the status of it (in the Tune tool, click Help then FlashScan V1 Licensing).

Since it works fine on another computer, its this PC that has the issue. Have you tried different USB ports?

If all else fails, uninstall EFILive and delete the EFILive folder from C:\Program Files\. Then download the latest release (7.5.6 build 103A) and reinstall. Then plug your V1 in after rebooting your PC.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Well i finally got it sorted out - had to wipe the computer and reinstall W7. The drives werent being recognized. Works awesome now!! Now time to get up to speed - havent played with this for 3 years!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12