Thread: New ECM to test read - E39

Default New ECM to test read - E39

Hi All,

If anybody has access to any of the following vehicles listed below and wants to try a test read using BBR please let me know in this thread.
    This is only for the 3.0L & 2.4L SIDI motors, not the 3.6L.
    We are aware the vehicle list below is not exactly exciting, but as per other new controller types that have popped up over the last few months we are testing the V8 comms on different controller types to find flaws. The E39 is a next gen ECM that requires some new things to be done in our CAN routines that we've not been able to test before.

Thanks,
    Ross

3.0L SIDI V6 (LF1)
    -------------------------------
    2010 Buick LaCrosse
    2010 Cadillac SRX
    2010 Chevrolet Equinox
    2010 GMC Terrain
    2010 Holden Commodore

2.4L SIDI L4 (LAF)
    -------------------------------
    2010 GMC Terrain
    2010 Chevrolet Equinox
    2010 Buick LaCrosse
    Last edited by GMPX; January 17th, 2010 at 04:31 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have 2014 chevrolet orlando manual transmission E39 2.4 LAF sidi oem file read by V2.
    Intend to use on standalone sandrail setup.
    Let me know if you want to take a look.

I don't have any of those vehicles in my possession currently but if any roll through the dealership I will be happy to get some reads.

Mike

Lifetime Member

Guys...this thread is 5 years old now. E39s have been supported for a while now.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I was so eager to help I didn't even notice lol.

And oddly enough they are being phased out by GM in a number of 2016 models too as they've reached end of life and are being replaced. The E39/E39A have been a major pain for us never giving us a breather, so many OS updates (I think over 50 OS's) and used on so many different platforms and engine configurations they are a high maintenance ECM as far as R&D time goes.

Checking back it looks like around June/July 2010 was when we released support for the E39, so yeah the initial post here is a little out of date.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMG View Post
    I have 2014 chevrolet orlando manual transmission E39 2.4 LAF sidi oem file read by V2.
    Intend to use on standalone sandrail setup.
    Let me know if you want to take a look.
    You emailed me when I was away, and I sent your file to our developer to see if it was close to an existing OS. Leave it with me and I'll follow him up and see how he went.

I know he's working on another platform ATM, but he should be able to give me an answer.

Cheers
    Cindy

I appreciate the quick response.
    I know it is a dusty tread but a gave it a bump because this particular Chevrolet Orlando E39 2.4 LAF SIDI Manual transmission setup will solve a lot of concerns when trying to do a standalone array.

Lifetime Member

Hi Gabriel,

I've spoken with our developer and your file has been mapped given how similar it was to another OS we already support. It will be available in an update in the next few weeks. I'm not sure if we have enough development time to get it finalized and into the next build (scheduled for this week) but if it doesn't it will make the release after.

Cheers
    Cindy