Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LMM-commanded boost

If actual mm3 > B2231 ECM controls boost
    If actual mm3 < B2232 ECM does not control boost

Now by saying does not control boost is not 100% correct, but it bypasses the PID controller for boost so it should just aim for the base boost values.

If you look at the numbers in those tables you can see at idle they bypass the PID, above that it's pretty much enabled the whole time.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I wouldn't mind having a whack a the PID controllers. I messed a little with the fuel pressure ones.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Did they help? Or make a significant difference to what you were trying to achieve?
    Normally the PID calibrations would only need to be altered from factory settings if there is a big enough change (physically) in what they are controlling.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

With a big rapid request in fuel pressure i could get it to change quicker and smother than stock. The changes are almost negligible performance wise but i can notice it on logs. I would imagine that the boost PID routines would be a little more noticeable than the fuel pressure.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Did they help? Or make a significant difference to what you were trying to achieve?
    Normally the PID calibrations would only need to be altered from factory settings if there is a big enough change (physically) in what they are controlling.
    I will take a closer look tomorrow, if I can get through a regen. But my logs with all values set to 95mm, were significantly high.

Can you shed some understanding on why a pid requires calibration? Could this also help timing and pressure? These have disparities also, especially pressure.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    I will take a closer look tomorrow, if I can get through a regen. But my logs with all values set to 95mm, were significantly high.

Can you shed some understanding on why a pid requires calibration? Could this also help timing and pressure? These have disparities also, especially pressure.
    P.I.D.

not like parameter identifier

look it up on wikipedia.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post

The P.I.D. for fuel pressure is in all OS' (LBZ/LMM) but 8594...

Sorry, should have pointed that out from the begining, PID in this case means proportional–integral–derivative controller.A good read before bed

Lifetime Member

OMG trig? D(y) D(x), functions, summations, limits ....... Maybe I should go back to college... I always liked a good challenge.

Lifetime Member

Thread from the dead but i see the the P.I.D boost tables made it into public release!

Thanks Ross!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast