Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I connect to EFIlive Scanning using Autotap Cable??

Default Can I connect to EFIlive Scanning using Autotap Cable??

I've been running Efilive using the Flashscan cable but would also like to use the Autotap cable. Can this be done. I tried today and it returned an error.

Please help.

thanks
    2002 GMC Sierra ECSB
    Turbonetics T7675 6lbs boost, 42lb injectors, Single 4 inch exhaust with Hi-Flow Cats, 6.0 swap, Comp Cam LS9 Cam, EFIlive Tune, E-fans, Snow Performance Meth Kit, soon to add KB Boost a Pump,

Anybody?
    2002 GMC Sierra ECSB
    Turbonetics T7675 6lbs boost, 42lb injectors, Single 4 inch exhaust with Hi-Flow Cats, 6.0 swap, Comp Cam LS9 Cam, EFIlive Tune, E-fans, Snow Performance Meth Kit, soon to add KB Boost a Pump,

I believe you should be able to use the AutoTap cables with the version 7 Scanning Tool, although I have never tried it.

Check in your Properties->Connection area for the "Preferred interface cable type" setting. By default this will be set to "EFILive FlashScan V1 (USB)". Also check the "Scan all cable types" check box.

Hope that helps,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

What was the error?

Note: You need an EFILive V7 Scan Tool license for your AutoTap cable. If you were previously using the AutoTap interface with EFILive V5 or V6 Pro version, you can obtain a free V7 license here:
    http://www.efilive.com/upgrade.html

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

The initial error was connection not detected. I installed autotap and then the next time it prompted for registration information. I entered the information form the EFIlive license but nothing happened. I have both Atap and EFIlive V7. Please advise,

Cheers
    2002 GMC Sierra ECSB

The EFILive and AutoTap licenses are not interchangeable. You can only use an AutoTap license in the AutoTap software and only an EFILive license in the EFILive software.

When you say you have EFILive V7, do you mean just the software, or the software and a valid EFILive V7 license/registration?

You can't use EFILive V5 or V6 license details in the V7 software.

Regards
    Paul

I previously purchased a Personal scan and tune version from Wait4me. I was hoping to utilize my Autotap cable for scanning and logging so my Flashscan cable does not wear out from everyday use. When i select the autotap cable in EFilive Scan it prompts me for a registration. I proceed to enter the license and key, but nothing happens. (atapusb cable)

Please advise

Thanks
    2002 GMC Sierra ECSB

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond2509
    I previously purchased a Personal scan and tune version from Wait4me. I was hoping to utilize my Autotap cable for scanning and logging so my Flashscan cable does not wear out from everyday use. When i select the autotap cable in EFilive Scan it prompts me for a registration. I proceed to enter the license and key, but nothing happens. (atapusb cable)

Please advise

Thanks
    To do that, you would need to purchase a separate Scan Tool License for your AutoTap interface cable.

AutoTap sell EFILive Pro licenses for $338.95 for the ATUSB interface here: http://www.autotap.com/autotap_all_products.html
    Product #: ATEFIPRO

Regards
    Paul

Default License issue

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    What was the error?

Note: You need an EFILive V7 Scan Tool license for your AutoTap cable. If you were previously using the AutoTap interface with EFILive V5 or V6 Pro version, you can obtain a free V7 license here:
    http://www.efilive.com/upgrade.html

Regards
    Paul
    I am just now re-installing my AutoTap/EFILive software on a new Laptop after several months and I am having the "unregistered" problem. I have a EFILive Pro license that I was using under v6. I now have the v7 software but of course my v6 key does not work. What do I need to do to be able to upgrade my license key? I tried the URL tha is listed above, but it is no longer valid. I am using the USB version of the AutoTap cable.

bgood,

I pm'd your post to Paul.

Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast