Thread: DSP Calibration number on DIC?

Default DSP Calibration number on DIC?

I was thinking to myself today that it would be really cool if when you switch the tune if it showed the tune name or which DSP number it was changed to! Any way we could get something like that added in. It would also be pretty sweet if that dsp calibration was user nameable and that showed up. I realize that its probably an impossible BCM thing, but just figured I would throw out this crazy idea for kicks....
    Last edited by Donovan; January 21st, 2010 at 04:40 PM.
    E35A/A40 + DSP5

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    I was thinking to myself today that it would be really cool if when you switch the tune if it showed the tune name or which DSP number it was changed to! Any way we could get something like that added in. It would also be pretty sweet if that dsp calibration was user nameable and that showed up. I realize that its probably an impossible BCM thing, but just figured I would throw out this crazy idea for kicks....
    Pretty sure you nailed it.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

I thought about that too, but I don't think it's possible.
    The ECM is on the high speed CAN bus, the cluster (DIC) is on the low speed CAN bus, so they don't talk directly to each other. I'm not sure it's even possible to get the ECM to send out such a message on the high speed CAN bus, yet alone get interoperated by the BCM to make it to the cluster.
    Nice idea but I don't think it will happen.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I thought about that too, but I don't think it's possible.
    The ECM is on the high speed CAN bus, the cluster (DIC) is on the low speed CAN bus, so they don't talk directly to each other. I'm not sure it's even possible to get the ECM to send out such a message on the high speed CAN bus, yet alone get interoperated by the BCM to make it to the cluster.
    Nice idea but I don't think it will happen.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Another words it could happen if there were 4 of you.....just not in this lifetime.

No, technically it might not be possible at all, even with a team of boffins.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

What about nameable (user custom) on the V2 in the DSP5 output PID...for BBL? Instead of "no_dsp, dsp #1 and so on"

I tried playing with it. I even opened a file up in notepad and tried to change it but no worky
    12 Second LMM

Probably a calculated PID might work, but I'll be honest, that isn't my area of EFILive dev so I don't know how it could be done.