Thread: how to tune throttle follower and throttle cracker?

Default how to tune throttle follower and throttle cracker?

what is the correct logging method and how do i tune these tables. when i log the throttle cracker in a map. then i past and add. but the problem is everytime i log it keeps on wanting more an dmore more more more. what is the correct way of doing this?

TC & TF are not tuned in the same method as rafig etc. These are really used to give you favourable drivability. Too much TC & your car will have a cruise control effect, too little & you will have a lot of engine braking on Decel.(some people like this, others dont)
    TF is used to smooth movement of the throttle blade to give a linear feel to acceleration, & settle the car back to idle nicely.
    There is no easy fix for tuning these. Just make small adjustments to get the drivability how you like it.
    The Tremor at AIR

So on a cable operated TB does the tf utilize the IAC to smooth throttle input? A buddy of mine tuned my truck for me and Im trying to learn more of this on my own. When he tuned it I didnt have the fresh air vent from the passenger valve cover to the throttle body connected.

So I hooked the line back up now Ive got the good ole cruise control going on. I know I need to lower the values in the throttle cracker table and thats basically a trial and error type thing. Im unsure as to how to approach the tf table though.

Did all of this change due to air entering the intake that wasnt seen by the MAF when we were initially tuning it?

Here is a copy of my tune. Also posted up a quick log of it, no throttle input at all except once to get it register TP to shift into second. THe slowing is me getting out of my apt complex.

Thanks in advance, just trying not to wear out my welcome with my buddy as Im suer Ill have quite a few more questions for him.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1slow01Z71; September 20th, 2010 at 02:54 AM.
    2001 Silverado Z71