Thread: 57 Chevy ls2

Default 57 Chevy ls2

Hi Guy's,
    I'm building a 57 chev with an LS2 auto from an 05 pontiac GTO. I've done a right hand drive conversion using a donor VX SS commodore dash. Here is my problem, the ECM wont talk to the gauges, namely the check engine light and temperature gauge. I've been told to change the throttle body and use the ecm from the VX but they were sold with the LS1 and dont want to go down that road. I want to keep it fly by wire, and dont want to attach an after market temp gauge, thats not the look I'm going for. any ideas?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by cool_names_taken View Post
    Hi Guy's,
    I'm building a 57 chev with an LS2 auto from an 05 pontiac GTO. I've done a right hand drive conversion using a donor VX SS commodore dash. Here is my problem, the ECM wont talk to the gauges, namely the check engine light and temperature gauge. I've been told to change the throttle body and use the ecm from the VX but they were sold with the LS1 and dont want to go down that road. I want to keep it fly by wire, and dont want to attach an after market temp gauge, thats not the look I'm going for. any ideas?
    Nice project . 57

You will need to wire the CEL/MIL lamp directly from the lamp in the dash. Some model Holdens run the MIL direct, others via the BCM. And they flip back and forth .

As for temp guage, you are pretty well SOL. Either an aftermarket gauge or a CAN/OBD2 compatible device like Scangauge, PLX Devices or Dashdaq etc are the options.