I have been doing a tremendous amount of reading again for the past few months from about anything new to any interesting post or in-depth (e.x. theweatherman's simplified tuning post). But taking my simple minded thought process one step at a time, and my question is about the correct AFR reading on the wide band o2 against the good old golden brown plug test.

I thought that you do want to comand 14.7 (14.68) under [B]NON PE[B] conditions and at WOT you want abou 12.6 (best mean torque fueling). Which works great for me actually my spark plugs look beautiful, but my question is how and i getting there. I still have a great amount to learn and my tune is very flawed I'm sure of it.

At the moment my idle with a pretty mild (not much over lap) cam i am running I run very right at idle 90% of the time. Mid 11's to low 12's AFR and is at stoich while under light loads, and is hitting about 12.6 under WOT. Now because of my rich idle and for most the gas stations i stop at probably using up to 10% ethanol tricking me into thinking my AFR are set right? This is 8.5:1 motor that wont run on anything but 93 because of the aggressive timing I have it running. (knock will a cure but my stock vortec sensors will not pick is up. Not even with the 411 swap).