Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help getting started.

Default Need help getting started.

Ok so i have the program on my computer and a v1. when i hook it up to my truck it reads the pcm info, so its connecting to the pcm. Now when i try to read the tune installed in the pcm it wont. It goes throught the process of initializing usb and obd lights flicker on the v1 and the truck dash says read in progress. Then the usb light quits flikering(obd still flickers) and thetruck dash says reduced engine power. And then nothing happens, i waited about 10-15 mins. and nothing. Retried it acouple of more times and same thing. Whats happening, i need help.
    Thanks

Lifetime Member

What truck are you using? Are you selecting the proper controller? (V1s cannot read anything CAN-based, so E40, E38, E67, LBZ/LMM Dmax, P12 cannot be read with one).

Also what software are you using? Download the latest software from THIS link. You only need the V7.5.6 build 104 download as you have a V1.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

06 Silverado SS. Like I said I am new to this so what is the controller? v7.5.5 build 88

Install 7.5.6.104 software from here: showthread.php?t=12834

The Supported Vehicles page at www.efilive.com indicates that 99-07 Silverado 4.8/5.3/6.0/8.1 is supported by V1 and V2...

so your controller is 99-08 GenIII PCM.

Ok, i downloaded the new software and tried it. now it will read 6% and quit reading. It starts saying Autodetect interface... and then Interface not detected.... It will say it constentlly back and forth, you cannt even read it until you press the stop button. Also like I said before the dash says read in progress then switches to engine power reduced. Also I dont know if it has any bearing on this but the pcm doesnt have my vin. The guy that sent it to me (mail order tune) said it has the vin of the truck that it belonged to but has my tune in it. Last thing the truck has a alarm its a Compustar, but I tried it before the alarm and was still having the same problem. And yes i have the right controller. I really need to see if I can get this thing going. Thanks for the help.

The reduced engine power message would only come on if something has gone wrong while the engine is running...

You should be doing any reading or flashing with the engine off (key in the on position).

If you still get this problem, copy the text in the black window, and paste it here.

You can use the scantool to write the vin.

The key is in the run position with engine off. This is a mail order tune and is unlocked. Reason I am trying to read my tune is to save it and because the guy that tuned it for me left the old vin in the pcm, it doesnt have my vin. I can change it but dont want to untill I have the tune save. wouldnt want something to go wrong unless you tell me other wise. Also dont want to marry my license to the stored vin in the pcm, i want to marry my vin to it. Thanks for the help.

Can you post the text that appears while you try to read...

(you may have to first go Edit->Properties->Options and uncheck the timer countdown)

Which text. If you are refering to the dash text it on the acuall truck dash. Etheir way I will try to post tomorrow. I am off to bed. Thanks again.

See attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Read Window Text.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	7083  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast