Thread: 14point7 NAW7s or other

Default 14point7 NAW7s or other

Hello all,

I would like to know about the real world delay on DA/AD conversion of the WB signal. I'm planning to purchase a new WB and cannot figure out if a serial connection is a MANDATORY prerequisite. From what I understand the analog sample rate is ~2kHz. That would seem to negate any NOTICEABLE delay.

I am getting setup to tune my stock truck(2kLM-7) and get familiar with EFI live. After that, I plan to change my blown 97 f-body(old electromotive ECU) to a turbo LSx with either an E40 or E38. I'm trying to understand the "new" stuff and what is the best investment. I have 80% EE background and have installed/tuned ~6 aftermarket EFI systems including a couple of megasquirts(all done ~10 years ago). ALL of the older(cheap) stuff from that era was fairly crude for a street DD. My plan is to build a refined 900hp street car running on E85.

I'm very impressed with Alan To(14point7.com) and the NAW7s capabilities/price(no serial). I also like the DIY/repair-ability of it.

The serial integration of innovate LC-1 is also a plus, dependability seems to be an issue. The innovate logworks SW is also VERY impressive. I have NO personal experience with innovate although(I slept at a Howard Johnsons I have built and used DIY/JAW1.04/TEv1.0 WB's.

Any input/opinions on this somewhat cloudy project will be appreciated.

S

I've had an LC-1 for over 3 years without any problems.
    Serial connection is nice if the WBO2 is supported.

It would be nice if someone with a gas analyzer/high grade WBO2 would
    do a comparison test on some of the popular WBO2 controllers for their accuracy.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

The only real issue I had using the analog inputs to efilive was a noisy signal from ground offsets. The ability with the innovate stuff to program a single voltage output as well as the 0v to 5v wideband signal on different channels enabled a custom pid to remove this noise & give a much more accurate reading.
    If the NAW7 has this ability you should be able to get a signal extremely close to what we now have with the serial output.
    BTW Welcome to the forum,
    The Tremor at AIR

Lifetime Member

I never had a WBO2 before serial was implemented so it didnt make sense for me to hassle with ground offsets some people complain about here. Bought a TAQuickness cable and its been great!

As for your blown 97, upgrade to a 99-03 512kb LS1 PCM (junkyards are your friends, can use them out of those year cars, trucks, or SUVs) and run COS5 with full FI support (and N2O). Cost you $100 for a license (or free if you already have one) and a junkyard PCM plus a few hours repinning your existing harness. Everyone tells me its the best upgrade they've done to their cars.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks everybody,

I have decided to buy a retail(cough cough) WBO2. It will be a innovate LC-1. I really like their logworks sw and the controller is cheap and appears to be accurate. When I get the chance(summer) I will probably run a tech edge and a JAW1.04 alongside it to see how they all compare.

I have also purchased a SSI-4 data logger. I plan on useing the old LogWorks to try and log spark advance(efi sanity check+old carb street rod). I know there are a few problems with these ideas... what would I do with my spare time without them

I'll keep on readin and best of luck to all,
    Steve