Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EFILive's GM Tuning Resource Wiki

Lifetime Member

yes, EFI and in general the computational approach to fueling is completely useless, as proven by the last 30yrs of automotive history. if you're so knowledgeable, why do you need this forum? go hug a carburetor

readhardsupra,

I think I will take your advice.

S

512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

acomp17. There is a difference between getting the tune accurate enough to get a commanded AFR all the time. To getting it close, some of the time to a single commanded AFR, temp etc. You only have to look & see how much IFR raping is still going on to notice a lot of tuners dont really care. A quick fix is a quick buck mentality.
    How Marcin has been trying to educate people, while heavy on the math is based on how the PCM thinks, as well as what even basic science tells us. While the engine may be a glorified compressor it still needs accurate information in the pcm to work efficiently.
    However, if you are happy with your methods & resultant tune that is all that really matters. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
    The Tremor at AIR

5.7 ute,

I built and programmed a few uC devices and reverse engineered the megasquirt when it was a new device. I'm slowly learning the logic flow chart for the LS1b controller.

Yes, I know that it often more complicated to actually implement theory into a "good" working model. That is why I decided to try and teach this ( , did I say that). I just thought I'd release some aggressions.

As soon as I get my V2(friday), I will start on this. I plan to monitor the stock 2ksilverado tune for a few days, then trash the PCM with a COS3 OLSD tune and start from scratch. I'm not afraid... I got another PCM.

Even though it seems as if I went after readhardsupra... I really just picked a small discussion. I KNOW(I have read his blog) his abilities are specifically FAR beyond mine. NOW! I going to search out his posts pertaining to those theoretical models.

S
    Last edited by acomp917; February 2nd, 2010 at 03:57 AM.

Marcin,
    I'm planning to make it a project to re-read the resources that you've painstakingly put together. You really do have some good information . . . no doubt about that. My only point is that many people need a straight forward approach to begin learning the basics that is not offputting.

Thanks for your answers to my questions.

Regards,

Steve

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Steve, I still look forward to some of your input. Like you, my time is stretched between job responsibilities and family.

Marcin, I honestly admire your pursuit of perfection. I just wish you could help us out a little more. It is easy to post criticisms, but I never see you helping out beginners, or providing clear-cut answers. This forum has to serve all members and not be so critical of people of less knowledge. Otherwise many of us will abandon forums where members feel like we are being bullied. I really liked SSpDmon's inputs. I noticed he really does not post here anymore (infrequently).

We we need to have a tuning board that allows beginners, intermediates, and advanced 'tuners' to co-exist.
    Last edited by WeathermanShawn; February 9th, 2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Redundant..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    Marcin, I think for the most of us this is still a hobby. I honestly admire your pursuit of perfection. I just wish you could help us out a little more. It is easy to post criticisms, but I never see you helping out beginners, or providing clear-cut answers.
    That's what my site is for. I'm not gonna apologize for the fact that I don't feel like explaining OL vs CL or MAF vs SD to someone for 1000th time. The write-ups are there for that very purpose. If someone's got a good question about it, I'm more than willing to answer, but after 5yrs of beating the same material in people, you will get bored and burned out too.
    This forum has to serve all members and not be so critical of people of less knowledge. Otherwise many of us will abandon forums where members feel like we are being bullied. I really liked SSpDmon's inputs. I noticed he really does not post here anymore (infrequently).
    as you saw in my previous links, i didnt agree with him much because of the same reasons I don't agree with you: you want a quick fix, dont check your assumptions, using circular reasoning, and generally letting science by the wayside. at the same time you bring up excellent questions, that's why I'd rather argue with you, than just ignore you, because I believe you've shown enough interest and insight that you are capable of understanding the real version.
    I agree you have excellent papers on airflow models, etc. But, we need a tuning board that allows beginners, intermediates, and advanced 'tuners' to co-exist.
    you know, there's a good reason why grade school and grad schools are separate...

All,
    Here is a document that I put a lot of preliminary work into in 2005 and events got in the way of my refinement and completion of the document. I have more time now that when I stopped this effort, although, not as much time as I would like.

There are other competing demands for my time and energy such as family, work, doing the final build and swap of the stroker engine for my truck that I'm getting ready to start once the weather improves, etc. My point is that I don't want to nor can I put an extraordinary amount of time into this right now. However, I'm still very interested in unlocking the misteries and helping others to learn about tuning or I wouldn't be sharing this now.

Look through the attached Adobe Acrobat document and give it some thought.

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

NICE! I'm digging the level of effort here, it signifies commitment to the cause

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast