Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EFILive's GM Tuning Resource Wiki

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra View Post
    That's what my site is for. I'm not gonna apologize for the fact that I don't feel like explaining OL vs CL or MAF vs SD to someone for 1000th time. The write-ups are there for that very purpose. If someone's got a good question about it, I'm more than willing to answer, but after 5yrs of beating the same material in people, you will get bored and burned out too.

as you saw in my previous links, i didnt agree with him much because of the same reasons I don't agree with you: you want a quick fix, dont check your assumptions, using circular reasoning, and generally letting science by the wayside. at the same time you bring up excellent questions, that's why I'd rather argue with you, than just ignore you, because I believe you've shown enough interest and insight that you are capable of understanding the real version.

you know, there's a good reason why grade school and grad schools are separate...
    I agree that after 5 years of answering the same questions you will get burned out. I disagree that a quick fix is inherently inaccurate. 5 years of the GMVE method of tuning with no conclusions or practical application is not good science.

Your last statement sounds very arrogant. That drives people away from listening. This board needs to determine if that is the level of discussion that it wants. It drives talent away.

Steve, good work.
    Last edited by WeathermanShawn; February 9th, 2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Grammer..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Steve,

Good job on the Doc's. I really have none of your publication talent. I would like to learn how that was done... although I doubt I will ever accomplish something like that on my own.

Now, if we could start to compile a step by step narrative to the tools, preparation, logging, and understanding of the logged data(all basic). I still have some preliminary understanding of the tools to accomplish.

Later,
    S

Good work Steve, thanks for sharing.
    The Tremor at AIR

Marcin - Let me know when you need a guinea pig for your new stuff.

Hi Steve,

I know this thread is old, but I am new to LS1 tuning and I found your write up very helpful and informative.

Though it did leave me hungry to know more

Have you written any others since?

Thank You!
    Going places no one else dares to Go!
    60 Series Landcruiser, GenIII LS1 5.7, 4L60E Trans, 4" Stainless Snorkel
    4" Lift, 35 x 12.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains

I haven't forgotten about the "Basics of Tuning Project" and I have worked on this idea a little in the past year. Also, in the past ten months I have retired, so I will have more time (eventually) to work on this sort of thing. Currently, I'm catching up on a lot of deferred maintenance on my house, helping others with some projects and my biggest project is working on some problems with my 1991 Airstream Travel Trailer (AKA caravan in some vernaculars) as it has a number of significant issues that need to be addressed (see http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...ted-85517.html if you're interested).

Regarding tuning basics, I've made drafts of a quick reference chart or two that I plan to verify and publish (don't look for this anytime soon). Sometime in the next year, when I finish some of the work on my trailer, I plan to re-tune my engine from the beginning. Then, I'm going to replace the existing 6 L engine in my Yukon XL with a bored and stroked version of the same engine that will displace 6.7 L (408 CID) and re-tune the engine again. Once I'm through will all of this cycle, I'll try to consolidate and refine what I've put together so far (estimated completion time is on or before December 2013).

On a related subject, has anyone read/studied the book Master EFI Tuner - GM EFI - Second Edition that was published about a year ago? I have not, but I have corresponded with someone who has and it might be worth wile as a starting place.

All my best,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

I had a look at your work on your Travel Trailer. It looks like you have your work cut out for you! I think the fact that you are working with a curved surface would not help much.

All the best with your project!
    Going places no one else dares to Go!
    60 Series Landcruiser, GenIII LS1 5.7, 4L60E Trans, 4" Stainless Snorkel
    4" Lift, 35 x 12.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234