Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't get this right

Default Can't get this right

I have a 99 ls1 Camaro with a powerdyne 6psi kit. the car is bone stock except for a magnaflow cat back and a built 4l65e trans also meth injection set @3psi. I have been playing with this thing for three years now and it still does not run right. I guess I just don't get the auto ve tuning, I have started from scratch twice and still can't get it right. There is no dyno shop in Fort Myers that uses EFI Live so I can't even pay someone to help me in town. Would anyone like to help me out and at least give me a decent base tune for this car so I can build off that and hopefully learn how to do this the right way. My daily driver is an 08 Impala SS and I actually enjoy driving that car more because I just can't seem to get the Camaro right. That is sad that I enjoy the FWD more than LS1 boosted muscle.... I have had some awesome help on here before but I just don't seem to get all of what is said. I will post my latest tune and log file. I will really apreciate any help that I can get. I did manage to get the transmission to shift perfectly. I'm sure the fuel and spark are messed up. Even with the methanol it still detonates sometimes so I guess I need to pull some more timing also, I just don't know how much and where to pull it from.
    Attached Files Attached Files

look at log 0027-frame 7434 aits are at 48*c 118*f high intake temperatures will cause knocking
    also you dont have a 2 bar mar sensor on the vehicle to log the boost ve tables a0009 only goes up to 104kpa .
    a0008 should be set to 1.00 plus b3632 is also contributing fuel maybe 0 this table for consistency.
    ive found by reducing b5935-b5936 does smooth idle noticeably
    Attached Files Attached Files

Need a few more details, what injectors are you running ? Fuel system ? base fuel pressure, useing a rising rate fuel regulator or not ?

Get a 2 bar MAP sensor so you can make the most of EFIlives 2 bar custom operating system.
    and we'll see if we can help you peice together a tune.
    Back yard boost
    347+ T76 = 770 rwhp 10.96 @ 135 mph

I'm running the stock injectors, the boost is pressure referenced to kick in a second fuel pump which is working because I installed a light to come on when it is energized and when tested at the relay it does come on, I have no idea what the fuel pressure is.
    I'm still trying to find out how to reach the map sensor on my car, it ia an auto and my hands won't fit all of the way behind the intake to pull it out and replace it.

It may be easier to remove the manifold to fit the MAP sensor ?

Don't go beating on it with your current tune, the second log showed you going dangerously lean at 100% throttle.

I think you will run out of injector pretty quick when you get your wide open fueling into line, so i would be looking for some bigger injectors.
    Back yard boost

Do you know what the stock size injectors are or what size do you recomend I get for it?

I think if I can find someone with small hands they can reach the map sensor, I will try to find someone this weekend to do it. I'm 6'4" with large hands and they just get stuck in there. I can feel it I just can't get it loose!

It has been raining for the last two days so I have not got it out to play with it yet, this is rare in Florida. My IAT's will always be high as our average temp here is around 95 most of the year, that is why I choose methanol to help cool the intake air. An intercooler will not fit with the Powerdyne kit, it has to be the worst engineered kit I have ever seen. I have to turn off the AC at stoplights so it does not overheat and I bought three of the best Spal fans you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by eclispe1 View Post
    Do you know what the stock size injectors are or what size do you recomend I get for it?

I think if I can find someone with small hands they can reach the map sensor, I will try to find someone this weekend to do it. I'm 6'4" with large hands and they just get stuck in there. I can feel it I just can't get it loose!

It has been raining for the last two days so I have not got it out to play with it yet, this is rare in Florida. My IAT's will always be high as our average temp here is around 95 most of the year, that is why I choose methanol to help cool the intake air. An intercooler will not fit with the Powerdyne kit, it has to be the worst engineered kit I have ever seen. I have to turn off the AC at stoplights so it does not overheat and I bought three of the best Spal fans you can get.
    I think the factory injectors will be 28lb/hr if your gonna upgrade go straight to 60 lb/hr.

Good luck with the Map sensor .

Meth is good , but i would tune without it first, then add the meth and alter the tune to suit.
    Back yard boost

Ok,
    I got the MAP Sensor in and calibrated, threw a new set of plugs in (one range colder) and the car seems to running better then ever and I also took out the AIR system and the EGR system and blocked off the ports, updated the tune to reflect this change. I logged several ultra high speed runs and to my suprise I was in live mode not record so I did not capture any data. The knock readings were at zero and I don't know what the boost was as it is in KPA and I don't know how to convert to PSI. It is reading over 109 so I think the new sensor is working. It is pouring rain again so I will get some logs to post this weekend.....

To record, press the red button at the bottom of the scantool window.

On a chart you can select MAP.kPa or MAP.psi by rightclicking on the pid in the corner of the chart and then select Metric Pids or Imperial Pids, and then select the pid.

I thought I did press the red button but I guess I just got so excited to actually get the car out again that I forgot to do it!
    Thank you for the instruction on how to change the pid as I really don't know about KPA and how to read the output.
    I just can't wait for the rain to stop here so I can get a good log run in.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast