Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can't get this right

Alright I have purchased the injectors and should have them installed this weekend.
    I bought Siemens Deka "mototron" EV1 60lb/hr, now my question is what is the best way to set these up. After reading a few posts there seems to be several ways to tell the computer about the larger injectors. Can someone enlighten me on the best way?

this is what i use for the same injectors, runs fine.

You will need to go through the Auto VE process again though.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Back yard boost
    347+ T76 = 770 rwhp 10.96 @ 135 mph

Ok the injectors are in and it seems to running fine except when you let off of the throttle it goes way too rich and it is really rich at idle. If someone could help me get it to a decent tune I would greatly appreciate it. I love this car and it keeps getting better from all of the help this forum has offered.
    I could not do it withiout you guys, thank you....
    Attached is my latest tune set up for the 60 lb/hr injectors and a quick log file.

use this tune for your auto VE tuneing.

there is no need to make PE table 14.63 when tuning , infact its risky on a boosted car. You will find looking at future logs even if commanded fuel changes as it does when car enters PE the Ben factors are still a factor of commanded verses actual AFR so the corrections will still be correct.

You will notice I have modified your commanded fuel table, and altered the parameters for power enrichment so it wont actvate until a MAP of 115-( a couple of ps1 of boost) This gives a better tansition of fueling as you enter boost.

You are just going to have to work on your VE tables now to get your fueling into line so actual = commanded. Idle should be easy to correct with the VE table.

once VE is dialed in it shouldent go rich on decel and you can also activate DFCO to help out there.
    Back yard boost

Hello Johnv,

I tried your tune and the AFR was all over the place and the car did not run right at all. I gathered data and did the first autove swap (log 39) and it made it worse. I will post both logs and the tune and see if you can see where the problem is. I looked it over and can't figure it out. It is still going way rich when you let off of the throttle.

the data in your Ben MAP doesn't look right, can't see how you can hit the high MAP cells you are in the 400 rpm row.

Maybe check your 2 bar Map sensor scaleing.
    look into converting to serial logging for your wideband, gives more accurate AFR in logs

don't do any Auto VE tuneing until engine is up to operating temp.

Also add Airflow Grams/cyl -Speed density to your selected pids
    so you can map knock retard.
    Back yard boost

I will rescale the map sensor to the old one, I was trying to avoid that but I guess it has to be done. I'm sure my wideband is dead on as I just did a new sensor and freeair calibration before I put the new plugs in, now maybe 30 miles since then. When it went into the 17afr range the car sputtered really bad so I'm positive it is working well. Could my settings for the new injectors be off? Maybe I missed something when changing values.

The MAP was off. The stock sensor reads 31 in hg and the 2 bar reads 29.2 in hg key on engine off. I don't know how to convert it so that it reads correctly.

Okay you need to follow the 2 bar operating system tutorial and make changes to the value in C6301 until the 2 bar sensor reads 31 (same as 1 bar sensor) can't recall wether you have to increase or decrease value, bit of trail and error sorry, but won't need big changes maybe add 2 or 3 and log it.
    Back yard boost

Quote Originally Posted by eclispe1 View Post
    sure my wideband is dead on as I just did a new sensor and freeair calibration before I put the new plugs in, now maybe 30 miles since then. When it went into the 17afr range the car sputtered really bad so I'm positive it is working well. Could my settings for the new injectors be off? Maybe I missed something when changing values.
    Yes your wideband is prob accurate , but its the numbers that EFIlive translate that can be off a bit useing analog output due to voltage offsets etc were as with serial cable what your wideband reads is what you see in the logs.

Your injector setup should be fine, its just a matter of dialing in your VE tables so commanded fueling is the same as actual.

Also what filters are you useing on your Ben map before pasteing into VE table ?
    Last edited by johnv; March 8th, 2010 at 07:33 PM.
    Back yard boost

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast