Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bootloader rejected

Default bootloader rejected

i have tried using alt keys and high speed to no avail. the circuit for the dlc and cig lighters had to be replaced, circuit was shorting and the customer took it to a dealer to have that problem fixed. after that i installed the dsp5 switch into the j3 ecm conn and go to do my full reflash and it will say i need a unlock key, then the ecm goes to an unknown state, then to a no crank/no start situation. then which i unhook the batterys for a bit then it will start fine.

please help i hate to have machine/computer out smart me...

thanks RA

its an 05 lly ext cab shortbed with aftermarket cd player

Quote Originally Posted by relentless addiction View Post
    i have tried using alt keys and high speed to no avail. the circuit for the dlc and cig lighters had to be replaced, circuit was shorting and the customer took it to a dealer to have that problem fixed. after that i installed the dsp5 switch into the j3 ecm conn and go to do my full reflash and it will say i need a unlock key, then the ecm goes to an unknown state, then to a no crank/no start situation. then which i unhook the batterys for a bit then it will start fine.

please help i hate to have machine/computer out smart me...

thanks RA

its an 05 lly ext cab shortbed with aftermarket cd player
    Pull the "radio" and "info" fuse under the hood before flashing. 05's are quirky.

Guy
    www.socaldiesel.com

EFILive-DSP5......Switch your Attitude!
    EFILive-CSP5......The Smart Way To Switch Your Cummins Tunes!
    EFILive-DSP4......Switch Your Colorado and Canyon Too!

thank you appreciate your input.

i have the same problem, but i've taken out the fuses and still cant get it to take. It's my buddies truck and now it's just a yard orniment! I Hate lly's!

try removing both the info and radio fuses. that should help the problem. so far this has fixed the problem for me twice.

thanks for the input, I ended up disconnecting the keyless entry, alarm, all the other million things he had on there, pulling the fuses and an hour more of tryin to get it! haha

Ha! we had one customers truck that we had to pull the dash apart and pull every fuse in every wiring harness for the alarm system, built in radar detector, keyless entry aftermarket radio and all that jazz before it would flash. It was a mess.

Just want to add to this, we tested reflashing on a stock LLY without pulling fuses and it worked fine. The problems usually turn out to be after market devices that are on the communications bus.
    I recall Emailing one of the iPod adaptor companies stating that their device did not respond to the silence communications command, to which the reply was, we know and we aren't going to fix it.
    So, get used to pulling fuses I would say.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I am in no way blaming efi live! I fully know it was all the gadgets this truck has on it. It just took forever to track down every last wire on it! At least I put a dsp 5 on it this time so maybe i wont have to mess with it for a while! haha

Try flashing the truck after you drive for a few minutes... I have a full aftermarket system, and a bunch of electronic goodies, I can leave all the fuses plugged in.(I use to have the problem you guys are having)
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Evolved M.S, LLC & SS Diesel Tuning

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast